Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome kit arrived and I want to say I owe Indian/ Polaris an apology as it really "classed" up the deal. Got my Dye coupon, A card with my name and VIN #, and a desk clock in Vintage Black in the shape of my gas tank and gauge. I had been waiting for something as you guys know. One slight criticism (very slight and only cause I'm crazy) I would love it if on the same card they put the date of actual build, factory city and the name of the guy/gal that built my actual bike. I drive a AMG and they do this. I know I'm weird. Thank you Indian!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
How long ago did you guys buy your bikes? I am looking forward to see what all I get. Only had my bike for 11 days.

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
Welcome kit arrived and I want to say I owe Indian/ Polaris an apology as it really "classed" up the deal. Got my Dye coupon, A card with my name and VIN #, and a desk clock in Vintage Black in the shape of my gas tank and gauge. I had been waiting for something as you guys know. One slight criticism (very slight and only cause I'm crazy) I would love it if on the same card they put the date of actual build, factory city and the name of the guy/gal that built my actual bike. I drive a AMG and they do this. I know I'm weird. Thank you Indian!!
Having been to the factory in Spirit Lake, there isn't one guy or gal that assembles the bikes since they do roll down an assembly line....and the engines are produced at a Polaris plant in Osceola WI and shipped to Spirit Lake.

Nothing like the fabled story of Hans who hand assembles hopped up Mercedes in Bavaria. ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only AMG does it. Plate on top of engine signed by the person who "built the engine" You can even look up their picture. LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Purchased July 30th. Welcome kit arrived Sept 4th.
Thank you Harry. I bought mine the end of August so I can expect mine the first part of October.

I just saw that you purchased your bike from the same place I did.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also received my welcome kit today. I also received my riding club kit at the beginning of this week. I like that the clock stand is in the color of my bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Harry,

Check your private messages.

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Got my package yesterday, with clock, patch, coupon with vin #! Does the lock suppose to be the same color as your Bike? Purchased on 21 July 014!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I haven't recieved the welcome package yet, but think it is a nice touch. Cadillac used to do something similar, perhaps they still do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
... One slight criticism (very slight and only cause I'm crazy) I would love it if on the same card they put the date of actual build, factory city and the name of the guy/gal that built my actual bike. I drive a AMG and they do this. I know I'm weird. Thank you Indian!!
I called the factory for you. They tell me yours was built by Phillipe', a small but rugged man who apprenticed in his father's Swiss watch shoppe before becoming a surgeon. He left the medical field to build Indian motorcycles.

:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I called the factory for you. They tell me yours was built by Phillipe', a small but rugged man who apprenticed in his father's Swiss watch shoppe before becoming a surgeon. He left the medical field to build Indian motorcycles.

:)

Sprayed coffee all over my monitor. Might even have to check my underdrawers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bought my Classic on July 10, still waiting on my welcome kit. My IMRG stuff arrived this past Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts