Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird problem just happened last week. I went for a ride and stop for a break and Ride command would not shut off with the dash button. The motor would shut off with the handlebar switch, but the electronics would not shut off no matter how many times I pressed it. The timer must have run out because it eventually shut off. Upon getting back home, the bike shut off just fine. That evening, I updated Ride Command to the latest version and after that I had no issues for several days until today. Went home for lunch and decided to ride bike back to work and it turned on fine, but I got a phone call so I went to turn bike back off and it did it again. Motor would shut down with the switch but the electronics did not. Tried several times. After phone call, I just started the bike and rode to work where it shut off normally. Anyone have a similar issue? I am going to check the battery connections tonight when I get home. There are no codes or anything when it does this.

·
Rider
383 Posts
Like Nightdriver is suggesting , If I use the Kill Switch the Motor Shuts off but the Ride Command stays on for a while ! And I can listen to Music ! But if U use the Power Off Button everything goes off Simultaneously !!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like Nightdriver is suggesting , If I use the Kill Switch the Motor Shuts off but the Ride Command stays on for a while ! And I can listen to Music ! But if U use the Power Off Button everything goes off Simultaneously !!

Yes, I understand that. But if you press the power button, all the electronics shut down, doesnt matter if the kill switch is on or off. Mine does not do that as I described in my first post. I rarely use the kill switch. Normally, when I park, I just hit the off button and up until last week, it shut everything down simultaneously like you said, 100% of the time. Now it sometimes does not.

·
Rider
383 Posts
Sorry missed The ( Dash Button ) statement !! We were just trying to clarify that's what You meant !! That is Not Normal !! Unfortunately sounds like You have to have Your Indian Dealer look at it .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry missed The ( Dash Button ) statement !! We were just trying to clarify that's what You meant !! That is Not Normal !! Unfortunately sounds like You have to have Your Indian Dealer look at it .

No Worries. I appreciate the input. I may have solved it but only time will tell since it happens so randomly. I checked the battery cables and, while they weren't super loose, they were loose enough to turn about 2 full turns to where I thought they were tight. We shall see.

·
Silver member
4,971 Posts
Check the connector to the ride command screen and make sure it is plugged in tight. I can remember some older posts where something similar or the same happened just like that. I'm just foggy. I've been on this forum for quite a while now...

Reactions: ndnjak
1 - 7 of 7 Posts