Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this Check Engine code is? It pops up almost anytime I ride but does not light the check engine light, just shows in the display when I scroll through. It disappears when the bike is shut down
and doesn't show in the log when the dealer downloads the codes from the bike. Dealer has no clue and are contacting Indian. Tech thinks it a part number!
. code.jpg

Attachments

·
Founding member
954 Posts
It is kickstand limit switch. I usually give my kickstand a extra push up with my foot. This happens occasionally to me. You can find the trouble codes online somewhere. Why doesn't dealer know this?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is kickstand limit switch. I usually give my kickstand a extra push up with my foot. This happens occasionally to me. You can find the trouble codes online somewhere. Why doesn't dealer know this?
Well I'll be damned. I looked on that chart three times and didn't see that until I did a "find" search for it in the PDF.
Techs at the dealer have no clue what they are doing, two young guys arguing with each other about the code. Either of them could figure it out.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, that's pretty damn useful. Thanks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Are you surprised that the Dealer doesn't know this????? Someone is failing miserably on educating the employees and techs at these dealerships.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts