Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing this? Both my wife's and mine have a very slight oil residue even after repeated cleaning. Used my "Seal Doctor " tool, helped a little. Not an issue (yet), just noticeable.

Attachments

·
Read Only
636 Posts
These the velcro type?
Yes. No removal/disassembly of anything required. They seal very good on the velcro, not letting any debris in through there. The FTR's protector does its job for items striking the tubes head on, but not for debris from any other direction trying to strike or stick to the tubes causing premature seal failure.

·
Bronze member
1,769 Posts
A lot of dealers haven’t been able to get the parts to change seals on the sachs suspension. INDIAN is just swapping out the whole fork, per people on the fb group who had issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll give it some time to see if it drys up and maybe put my "Seal Doctor" back to work. Two year warranty so no rush. thx for the feedback

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm wondering if this was in part the way the bikes were secured in their crates. The front was tied down from the triple clamp as you would if you were transporting on a trailer or ute. I don't recall anything chocking or working against that tension. I know from experience that forks can weep after being compressed for too long. Mine had residual oil on the stanchion for the first couple of weeks but it's fine now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm wondering if this was in part the way the bikes were secured in their crates. The front was tied down from the triple clamp as you would if you were transporting on a trailer or ute. I don't recall anything chocking or working against that tension. I know from experience that forks can weep after being compressed for too long. Mine had residual oil on the stanchion for the first couple of weeks but it's fine now.
I was thinking the same thing mate.

·
Bronze member
1,769 Posts
All the Challengers I’ve seen are the same. After almost 4k. Mine pretty much stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
962 Posts
Anyone experiencing this? Both my wife's and mine have a very slight oil residue even after repeated cleaning. Used my "Seal Doctor " tool, helped a little. Not an issue (yet), just noticeable.
Factory manual says slight leakage is normal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 2019 Roadmaster has 5400 miles and no sign of any problem but I’ve had others that were trailered a lot that did have premature problems.

·
Rider
962 Posts
Agreed. These are inverted forks, and a lot of weight is on the front end. I will post a screenshot from the manual tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts