Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to propose to the forum that we need a new section where repairs, add-ons, updates, and any customizing is listed together. Maybe by Indian model!
Many other forums that I have belonged to in the past all had a section like this, what do you all think?:D

·
Registered
723 Posts
I second that emotion!

·
Founding member
961 Posts
Doesn't that already exist in the specific model section below this one? Maybe I'm missing the point. Hey, I'm all for improvements.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You guys outline it and I will add it. What will it be called? Where will it live?
OK, I see there is a section for builds, I think this is a place where one documents any customizing on a on going bases for there ride. What I'm proposing is a section that is dedicated to repairs, fixing a flat, adding lights to your engine, dyeing your Leather saddle bags, adding a commander chip, basically a HOW To Section, on Add-ons, info about special tools or unique ways to get a job done on your ride, using text, photos, Links, and video to explain and show how it's done. One section to begin with, then as it grows maybe separate it by model.

·
Founding member
1,131 Posts
Bored at work and looking through some old posts.... Oh the struggle was real when we didn't have all these sections sorted out... lol

·
Silver member
4,972 Posts
Basically, we already have that. For example, scroll down the TS111 forums and you will find a Performance and Suspension, Guides and How To, and a Common issues section.

Sometimes I think we already have to many forums. And more coming with the introduction of the Challenger and 108 motor...

·
Founding member
1,131 Posts
Basically, we already have that. For example, scroll down the TS111 forums and you will find a Performance and Suspension, Guides and How To, and a Common issues section.

Sometimes I think we already have to many forums. And more coming with the introduction of the Challenger and 108 motor...
You missed the point of my post Brother... Look at the date of the thread. :)

·
Bronze member
1,940 Posts
OK, I see there is a section for builds, I think this is a place where one documents any customizing on a on going bases for there ride. What I'm proposing is a section that is dedicated to repairs, fixing a flat, adding lights to your engine, dyeing your Leather saddle bags, adding a commander chip, basically a HOW To Section, on Add-ons, info about special tools or unique ways to get a job done on your ride, using text, photos, Links, and video to explain and show how it's done. One section to begin with, then as it grows maybe separate it by model.
When I frequented the Stratoliner/Roadliner Forum on Delphi they called that section the Liner Wiki. It was full of how-tos and detailed modification instructions (many with pictures) and cross references for things like oil filter, etc. If the moderators saw value in a post they would lock it and make it permanent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts