Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a complaint post, its sorta tongue in cheek...

I'm customizing a 2019 Bobber, having a blast, 240 rear, etc etc. Doing the labor, 36 degrees in a s=converted storage shed (ahh the condo life) but...

I don't have a wheel to shape steel, darn I skipped welding class, some things are beyond my my little shop, but maybe not my imagination....

We are apparently so small of a market in the USA we have to go to France to get high quality Scout/Bobber mods like billeted block offs and 200cm outsized wide rear wheel lihgtweight fenders that actually have thought out mounting designs (240cm? As the Mafioso says, forget about it) We have ONE outfit that sells a 240 fat tire kit and it comes with limited wheel offers (understandable, the profits in the wheels!)....and how about that CANBUS pulsed negative pre-wired small relay box for aftermarket LED's sold through Kuryakin? (kidding, it doesn't exist). All of these hurdles you can overcome, and its a fun challenge and skill developer...

But it baffles me as well knowing the scout is such a great bike and this is a huge market, I sometimes want to work with the NASCAR metal and fabrication outfits here around Charlotte and start a business providing the most common custom needs of a bobber owner, rear blocks offs, light weight rear and front fenders with mounting kits, LED converter boxes (ok, forget that one, I can imagine a sweat shop full of folks soldering micro relays, I just can't do that to my fellow human ;)

Now the Harleys? Its like walking in to toys r us as a 4 year old...

But of course, this is all a good thing...hey, you're build is maybe unique...or its limited(?)

BTW, anyone come up with some cool ideas for mounting a 240 rear fender clean, my ideas mimic a bike in Europe; via mounting a bracket to the rear block off. An Injected plastic short bobbed fender would negate the need for the over wheel stabilizer....

·
Registered
710 Posts
I feel your pain .l went through this with my own build . My rear fender also mimic a bike in France and was able to use pics that I sent to twisted choppers to cut a fender along with mounting hardware. To that I added a swing arm mount that finished things off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts