Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was the Victory paint as fragile as on the 14--18 Indians? Have been waxing my 2016 Chieftain, the paint has severe swirling and numerous paint chips on the front fender and fairing, a quarter size spot behind the gas cap where previous owner was not careful enough when fueling is damaged, being cloudy and discolored.

I know this topic has been beat to death, was just wondering if the Victory paint was this fragile for all those years?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes. Actually worse. Seems like the 8 balls (black) would scratch even looking at it. Other colors seemed to hold up well. My 17 black chieftain, although it came with defects in the paint on the tank, has held up far better than the black victory.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
954 Posts
My 14 red Classic still has a showroom shine with 40,000 + miles on it. I keep it in the garage when not riding, but we do get a little rain down here in SW Florida plus the lovebugs in season. I'm also not a fanatic on cleaning the bike either, it's meant to ride, correct? I've got no complaints on the paint job.

Reactions: GreatWhite

·
Rider
1,152 Posts
Oh yes Taco Mike you are dead right.
I had a victory hammer 8 ball which was black.
I had rubbed and buffed all the fine scratches out and a month later they were back. I think the paint was made with cheese sauce because it was so soft.
Great bike but a shitty paint on it.

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
I'd say my Vegas (03) Sonic Blue is in about the same category as the early Indians... my 18 Limited seems to be of better quality..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts