Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Everyone has their own opinions and a quick search on this forum will let you see both sides of the spectrum. But i for one agree, if you have the money just do it.
I used to work at a car dealership and i would never get the extended warranty on anything because most or all of them are aftermarket ESP's and are almost completely worthless. But i took the time and studied what the Indian extended service plan covers and i pulled the trigger on it. For one: it is actually a plan from Indian, not some 3rd party outfit; and two: things on these bikes can be very expensive to fix, so to me it is worth the money i spent on it just for peace of mind. My 3 year extension cost me $1200 bucks but i still hope i never have to use it and i get tens of thousand of trouble free miles.

·
Bronze member
3,122 Posts
Here’s my 2 cents. If a $1000 to $2000 plus repair would be financially troubling, then you’ll probably rest easier with the extended warranty. If you can handle the cost of a large repair with no trouble, then I’d say no to an extended warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here’s my 2 cents. If a $1000 to $2000 plus repair would be financially troubling, then you’ll probably rest easier with the extended warranty. If you can handle the cost of a large repair with no trouble, then I’d say no to an extended warranty.
I agree on both counts. I got my extended warrantee with a 3rd party. In July 19 I went on a 16 day road trip. Day one, the regulator and battery went out.
2 weeks earlier my Indian 2 warrantee expired. With all that was required tow, hotel,dinner, delay of trip and most of all peace of mind after finding out the warrantee company would pay for all, except I may have had to pay fifty bucks.Normally I don't do the extended, but with Indian being the new guy, I thought it best not to put it to chance. Did I spend 1200.00-1500., no, not this time, but I still have 3 yrs on the warrantee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts