Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last couple days my left fork amber reflector decided to part ways with my 2019 Bobber. Bike is less than three months old. I called Indian Motorcycles of Fredericksburg where I purchased it to ask if they are required to pass Virginia state inspection. I was told it is required. I would remove the right side if not.

I asked how do I get a replacement amber reflector under warranty. I’m told it’s not covered. So, I’m scratching my head wondering how a required safety item that literally fell off a less than three month old motorcycle is not covered. Does anyone know the answer to that. I hate to involve mothership Polaris over a less than $12.00 part. Probably the cheapest part on the bike.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took mine off my 2016 Scout. I am sure they are the same. It is yours if you pay postage.
That’s nice of you, thanks. I think I’ll be able to have it resolved. Just a head scratcher the dealers first answer is no.

·
Rider
500 Posts
I totally agree with you, it should be covered. If it's not, the selling dealer should still give you one and if they want can pursue it with Indian.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its covered that dealer just dont want to mess with. If you want you can pm me and I'll warranty it and mail you the reflector

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Now that’s standup class right there. Thank you. Let me see if my local dealer decides to make it right on second request. If not I’ll take you up on that. Thank you again.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Post what dealer said no, take up the guys offer and post what dealer he works for and for a grand Finale, call mothership and tell them this BS. You apparently have a real shitty dealer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
To many good dealers are going down when the bad ones need to be posted so we can get them out and hope it helps the good ones. In my opinion.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Post what dealer said no, take up the guys offer and post what dealer he works for and for a grand Finale, call mothership and tell them this BS. You apparently have a real shitty dealer.
On my second request the dealership appears to be working to resolve this in my favor. I did email the owner of the franchise to ask wtf in a polite way. Didn’t get a response but was also told he is out of town this week. My salesperson said they don’t have a response from Polaris as of today on the claim but they are ordering a new reflector for me in the interim. We’ll see if they make it right. I got to give them a little time to do so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts