Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
It is extra. Covers mechanical after the factory. Mine was $1000. They used the discount to cover it so it was free, so they said. Since the history of the bike is short, I allowed it. With a proven track record I may not have.

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
What does Indian charge for extended warranties?
It covers many things, depending on which plan is purchased, two available. If you're looking to buy a Service Contract, (what you refer to as a warranty) I'd recommend the one from Polaris. You'll find many dealers that sell an aftermarket or third party contract. I wouldn't buy one from them, I'd go with the Polaris product.

...and to answer your question, the price varies since each dealership and salesman is getting a commission. So, make them bargain with you!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got quoted $1400 and $1100 from two dealers for the 7 year total

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's negotiable. Whatever they offer, work down from there. But DO get it. Mine has more than paid for itself, and once it's up, will probably be moving on to a new bike. I have an early 15, aparently they were still working the bugs out. Still have a year and a half on my extended, will see how it goes, and decide then. But, though I almost never buy an extended warranty on anything, damn glad I did on the Indian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts