Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to pass along a warning on anyone wishing to buy a money clip from King baby. When you look at their website for pictures of the item, they don't give you all the views. On the back of the money clip they stick on their "label" which in my opinion is pretty sight lay and uncalled for. At the price, I didn't know it was going to be marred with their advertising on it. I wrote them about it and got no reply - guess they didn't care. In any case I thought I would post it up here so you all get the real pictures and can make your own decision.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,562 Posts
Doesn't look that bad to me. I overpaid for the ring but it is Indian so that goes without saying. I like it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up", but at $450 for a money clip there's no chance I'll be carrying one in my pocket. Would rather have a high end helmet or new tires.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Visited their website one time - no need to ever go back. In my opinion, you all overpaid for anything you bought off there.

·
Bronze member
2,562 Posts
Visited their website one time - no need to ever go back. In my opinion, you all overpaid for anything you bought off there.
Tell us what "Indian" products you bought and didn't over-pay for. Enlighten us. $10.00 fob battery? $45.00 tee shirt? $500.00 air cleaner? $1,000.00 slipons?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Tell us what "Indian" products you bought and didn't over-pay for. Enlighten us. $10.00 fob battery? $45.00 tee shirt?
I paid competitive market value for a 999cc motorcycle with neo-retro styling and a fair amount of history to-boot. I'm not saying beauty isn't in the eye of the beholder, but $450 dollars to hold your money together? Give me a break. You don't see the irony in having a money clip worth more than the average American has in their wallet at any given time?

·
Bronze member
2,562 Posts
I paid competitive market value for a 999cc motorcycle with neo-retro styling and a fair amount of history to-boot. I'm not saying beauty isn't in the eye of the beholder, but $450 dollars to hold your money together? Give me a break. You don't see the irony in having a money clip worth more than the average American has in their wallet at any given time?
I agree $450.00 is a lot but sounds like you haven't bought any Indian after market stuff? If you ever do, you will over-pay for them. What it is, is what it is. Otherwise buy a Honda.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I agree $450.00 is a lot but sounds like you haven't bought any Indian after market stuff? If you ever do, you will over-pay for them. What it is, is what it is. Otherwise buy a Honda.
I also agree. I did overpay for the passenger seat and pegs. At the moment nobody else's junk fits my bike. I'm more or less talking about apparel and such. Needing it for the bike is one thing - at least then you could introduce functionality into the debate as a defense for "need". A t-shirt, though? Won't see me marching around in one of those unless they start giving them away. Not when I can buy a $15 dollar shirt at Kohls with the same quality and just as stylish.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
What is that green paper stuff inside of the clip?

Reactions: Zenrider

·
Registered
837 Posts
I also agree. I did overpay for the passenger seat and pegs. At the moment nobody else's junk fits my bike. I'm more or less talking about apparel and such. Needing it for the bike is one thing - at least then you could introduce functionality into the debate as a defense for "need". A t-shirt, though? Won't see me marching around in one of those unless they start giving them away. Not when I can buy a $15 dollar shirt at Kohls with the same quality and just as stylish.

·
Bronze member
2,562 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,351 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up", but at $450 for a money clip there's no chance I'll be carrying one in my pocket. Would rather have a high end helmet or new tires.

$450 for a money clip? Ain't gonna have money left to put in the clip after spending that much

·
Bronze member
2,377 Posts
$450 for a money clip? Ain't gonna have money left to put in the clip after spending that much
Longbow is just pulling your chains and showing off his hugely expensive bling. Whatever. I'll ride with the man who would have used the $450 on something useful - like tires. Common sense, it seems, is no longer common.

·
2,351 Posts
Longbow is just pulling your chains and showing off his hugely expensive bling. Whatever. I'll ride with the man who would have used the $450 on something useful - like tires. Common sense, it seems, is no longer common.
...and people complain about a $500 air cleaner..

·
2,944 Posts
I find it very telling that after dropping that much money on a money clip, all that's left is two tired looking one dollar bills.
I'd rather keep the cash in a rubber band.

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
IMG_0453.JPG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts