Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
9K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  Mrsfyredude 
#1 ·
Ok. I finally got the leather grips the way I want them. I am offering handle grip covers and lever covers. Right now the lever covers are free. Each set comes with and Indian Head nickel concho on the ends of the grips. You can use them as is or add accessories such as leather feathers or leather tassels.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Feather Hair accessory

See less See more
1 2
#5 · (Edited)
web site has a little paypal conflict - if you order the grip covers (then return to shopping) to order the tassles it only shows the tassels in the shopping cart - long story short it makes you create two separate paypal transactions. I just ordered mine 1/31/2016 grip cover and tassels but it is not clear if the concho's are part of the package?

#6 ·
I am fixing the PayPal issues. You were charged for shipping also and you should get free shipping. You will receive a refund check for the shipping along with your order. I fixed the shipping issue. I will look into the shopping cart issue. However, I received your order from PayPay that showed what you want (as two orders). The Indian Head nickel Conchos are included with the grips. I will make sure the website says this. It is in the video. Thanks for your order and information. www.IndianAftermarket.com

#12 ·
I got your order for the leather grips and lever covers. The ponchos are really cool but you can trim the tabs off that hold the concho and it will not look butchered. I suggest you try the conchos first and see if people like them. If not you could use them as buttons on your vest. The conchos are included because I want to encourage people to buy the tassels and feather accessories. (Got to make money you know.) Thanks for shopping at www.IndianAftermarket.com

#18 ·
Got my grips today as well. Install went pretty simple. I used some 3m spray adhesive to secure them a little bit more to try and prevent creeping.

Overall, I'm really happy with the grips. Haven't made up my mind yet on installing the lever wraps or not.

As a matter of personal preference, I shortened the flaps a little so that the conchos sit flat along the end of the grip.

Before

After:

#28 ·
Got my grips today as well. Install went pretty simple. I used some 3m spray adhesive to secure them a little bit more to try and prevent creeping.

Overall, I'm really happy with the grips. Haven't made up my mind yet on installing the lever wraps or not.

As a matter of personal preference, I shortened the flaps a little so that the conchos sit flat along the end of the grip.

Before

After:

I like this mod a lot. The originals look ok with the large flap if you have fringe IMO, but without the fringe I prefer the cleaner look like this with the conch flat. Did you just punch new holes and trim? Are the edges of the flaps whipped?

#19 ·
I am afraid I am not so happy with the Black grips.....they are much thinner than the tan version, I'd say one third to half thinner. One of my lever covers tore before I could even begin to sew it on, and there was only enough lacing for 3 of 4 of the covers. Great idea, great design, just not well executed....IMHO.

#22 ·
Jesse,
Again I am sorry you are disappointed. The tan leather is thicker than the black leather. However, the black leather is plenty strong. Leather is a natural product and there may be a defect or weak area that caused a problem. In any case I want you to be happy. I am willing to send another set to you or give you a refund if you prefer. I want you as well as any of my customers to realize the I care.

#23 ·

Before

After:

Looks nice, I just ordered the tan for my bike.

#24 ·
Finally had a day warm enough to go out to the shed and sew my new Warbonnet Leather Grips. Really pleased with the result. Went for a short ride to pick up some meds for the dog and snapped these pics. The Indian Head nickle conchos are a nice touch. I can recommend this product. :D

Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories

#25 ·
Finally had a day warm enough to go out to the shed and sew my new Warbonnet Leather Grips. Really pleased with the result. Went for a short ride to pick up some meds for the dog and snapped these pics. The Indian Head nickle conchos are a nice touch. I can recommend this product. :D

View attachment 34850 View attachment 34851
@DocBuck I see you did both the levers and the bars - still plenty of room for play in the clutch??? Sweet looking ride - tell me more about your tailpack.

#29 ·
Got a new color for leather grips. A customer requested them. I like them so we are offering them as a normal product. Christian hopefully post photos of his installation soon. His Scout has a custom seat that is red and black along with a rear fender leather cover that matches.
View attachment 35235
Marcus, my scout has been at the dealer receiving more upgrades. I have not forgotten about the promised pics... I should have the bike back within 2 weeks and I will go photo crazy! You have my word

#30 ·
I like this mod a lot. The originals look ok with the large flap if you have fringe IMO, but without the fringe I prefer the cleaner look like this with the conch flat. Did you just punch new holes and trim? Are the edges of the flaps whipped?
These come with the flaps and the Conchos. The flaps were a bit long for my liking, so I punched a new hope to make it tighter.

#31 ·
Yeah I understand that, but TBH I'm not a fan of the flaps hanging out like that when it's installed. I'd prefer if the flaps folded over tight against the endcap (with the concho of course) or to not have the flaps at all. I guess I could buy 'em and cut the flaps off but that seems like a waste.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.