Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I finally got the leather grips the way I want them. I am offering handle grip covers and lever covers. Right now the lever covers are free. Each set comes with and Indian Head nickel concho on the ends of the grips. You can use them as is or add accessories such as leather feathers or leather tassels.
IMG_3966.jpg
IMG_3971.jpg

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I can make them in black. I haven't posted that option on the internet yet because I haven't made examples yet. The prices will be the same. You can order on the website and then send me an email stating that you want black. [email protected]

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
web site has a little paypal conflict - if you order the grip covers (then return to shopping) to order the tassles it only shows the tassels in the shopping cart - long story short it makes you create two separate paypal transactions. I just ordered mine 1/31/2016 grip cover and tassels but it is not clear if the concho's are part of the package?

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
web site has a little paypal conflict - if you order the grip covers (then return to shopping) to order the tassles it only shows the tassels in the shopping cart - long story short it makes you create two separate paypal transactions. I just ordered mine 1/31/2016 grip cover and tassels but it is not clear if the concho's are part of the package?
I am fixing the PayPal issues. You were charged for shipping also and you should get free shipping. You will receive a refund check for the shipping along with your order. I fixed the shipping issue. I will look into the shopping cart issue. However, I received your order from PayPay that showed what you want (as two orders). The Indian Head nickel Conchos are included with the grips. I will make sure the website says this. It is in the video. Thanks for your order and information. www.IndianAftermarket.com

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you make a headband to hang the feathers down from?
The answer is yes. I can make a headband for feathers. Do you mean for real feathers or "leather feathers"? Some real feathers are regulated by government and the leather feathers would be pricey.

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
I am fixing the PayPal issues. You were charged for shipping also and you should get free shipping. You will receive a refund check for the shipping along with your order. I fixed the shipping issue. I will look into the shopping cart issue. However, I received your order from PayPay that showed what you want (as two orders). The Indian Head nickel Conchos are included with the grips. I will make sure the website says this. It is in the video. Thanks for your order and information. www.IndianAftermarket.com
Thanks for jumping on this - I also bought Your war bonnet air intake via another site vendor that will go with my Doebeck EJK and Bassani 2 into 1 black pipes long version. Hot Damn.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,011 Posts
Just ordered the black ones. Not real interested in the conchos, so I might trim that part off, or might leave it on, not sure yet. As an idea, you could offer a no Concho option on your site as well. Thanks!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for jumping on this - I also bought Your war bonnet air intake via another site vendor that will go with my Doebeck EJK and Bassani 2 into 1 black pipes long version. Hot Damn.
You will be amazed how much HP and especially how much torque you will get from your new set up. I got your order for the intake. I just realized I had two orders for you. Thanks

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered the black ones. Not real interested in the conchos, so I might trim that part off, or might leave it on, not sure yet. As an idea, you could offer a no Concho option on your site as well. Thanks!
I got your order for the leather grips and lever covers. The ponchos are really cool but you can trim the tabs off that hold the concho and it will not look butchered. I suggest you try the conchos first and see if people like them. If not you could use them as buttons on your vest. The conchos are included because I want to encourage people to buy the tassels and feather accessories. (Got to make money you know.) Thanks for shopping at www.IndianAftermarket.com

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just ordered the grips. Looking forward to adding this. :D

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 10" leather feathers cost $69 for two. If you buy at least 5 sets, I will make a headband for you for free. you must agree to send me photos of you wearing it.

·
Silver member
3,377 Posts
The 10" leather feathers cost $69 for two. If you buy at least 5 sets, I will make a headband for you for free. you must agree to send me photos of you wearing it.
You got a deal. I'll have to wait until I get my new credit card.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,011 Posts
Got my grips today as well. Install went pretty simple. I used some 3m spray adhesive to secure them a little bit more to try and prevent creeping.

Overall, I'm really happy with the grips. Haven't made up my mind yet on installing the lever wraps or not.

As a matter of personal preference, I shortened the flaps a little so that the conchos sit flat along the end of the grip.

Before

After:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am afraid I am not so happy with the Black grips.....they are much thinner than the tan version, I'd say one third to half thinner. One of my lever covers tore before I could even begin to sew it on, and there was only enough lacing for 3 of 4 of the covers. Great idea, great design, just not well executed....IMHO.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am afraid I am not so happy with the Black grips.....they are much thinner than the tan version, I'd say one third to half thinner. One of my lever covers tore before I could even begin to sew it on, and there was only enough lacing for 3 of 4 of the covers. Great idea, great design, just not well executed....IMHO.
Jesse,
Sorry you are not happy with the grips. Let me know what you would like me to do for you.
Marcus

1 - 20 of 43 Posts