Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone else think that the Scout should have a War Bonnet on the front fender?...come on Polaris,REALLY!!!....OR at least make it part of the first run owners kit....How cool would that be!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Great question! It appears that the war bonnet was on some versions of early Scouts and not on others. Late model Scouts before the new 2015 mostly had them. So we could guess that Indian was going for the historical edge as it seems to show in their side by side old by new marketing. Maybe they did this while simultaneously subtracting a visual cue that was on pre-Polaris ownership late models. Personally I would add one but it is much easier for me to do that on a bike without one than to have to remove one ready there if I didn't want it. It will be interesting to read others' thinking on this.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have already looked at the aftermarket ones. But you can tell they are not OEM,If can't get it from Indian I will go aftermarket.

·
Registered
558 Posts
:confused: I'm undecided... Considering the fenders aren't as pronounced as they are the Chief, Chieftain and Roadmaster, I wonder if it might look out of place?

I wish they would of included a gas gauge and gear indicator. Better pricing on the Saddlebags too. Yes, I've been bitching about the saddlebag costs for days now. Just need to get over it! :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
i don't really care much about the gas gauge, as i just use the tripmeter after fillup, but i do love a gear indicator.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you aln brown,I wanted bags and wind screen, but when I got the price for it,I was like..... nooooo can do. You're right, it's just wrong.....

·
Registered
558 Posts
i don't really care much about the gas gauge, as i just use the tripmeter after fillup, but i do love a gear indicator.
Okay, I would settle for a "miles to empty" :p

I agree with you aln brown,I wanted bags and wind screen, but when I got the price for it,I was like..... nooooo can do. You're right, it's just wrong.....
Yeah Fred_g, the pricing on this stuff is tough to swallow. I added a pillion seat, rider pegs, and extend foot controls when I made my reservation. My wife wants me to add the rider back rest and I'd like a windshield but it all is gonna have to wait.:(

I need saddlebags but I'll probably go for aftermarket though the Indian saddlebags are very nice and go well with the bike.

·
Founding member
1,757 Posts
Honestly I liked the look of the Wall of Death custom they showed in the preview video with no front fender at at. IMHO leave the big decorated fenders for the Chiefs, Chieftains, and RoadMasters. I plan to customize my Scout and one of the appearance mods I want is a reduced front fender. I would go with no fender at all if aesthetics were my only concern, but I don't want a bike I plan to put a lot of miles on kicking everything it rolls over into the radiator.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I tend to go along with Geronimo on this War Bonnet question. It looks best on the "big" chassis Indians and I don't feel the Scout needs it...at least I don't want it on mine. The name on the tank says it all.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I'm just a sucker for that war bonnet, lol...Ok how about the war bonnet painted on each side of the tank in silver leaf....on Thunder Black.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So does anyone else think that the Scout should have a War Bonnet on the front fender?...come on Polaris,REALLY!!!....OR at least make it part of the first run owners kit....How cool would that be!
A smaller and slightly re designed ornament would be awesome . The angles and size makes the standard one look out of place at the upper curve of the current scout fender. If Polaris or a good aftermarket operation created a version that looked right for that placement I'd have one on my scout tomorrow. It can look right with a good designer IMO. Would also be killer if someone came out with a skirted fender design for scout too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree, in part with Lance. I would like to see a Scout specific Indian head, maybe not the traditional warbonnet. Not sure I agree with the fenders, on a Scout sized machine, but I do like them on the big brothers. I have been asked by some old(er) codgers where the warbonnet was, and I usually tell them that it may come, someday.

·
Bronze member
1,814 Posts
I put an after market wabr bonnet on my fender. I liked the looks. I am currently putting a classic fender (Klockwerks) on the bike (longer, lower) and the war bonnet looks really great on it (my opinion, plus the many that stare at the bike in general). I will post new fender when I get it back from paint on Friday.
DSCF0241.JPG
DSCF0248.JPG

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I put an after market wabr bonnet on my fender. I liked the looks. I am currently putting a classic fender (Klockwerks) on the bike (longer, lower) and the war bonnet looks really great on it (my opinion, plus the many that stare at the bike in general). I will post new fender when I get it back from paint on Friday. View attachment 180265 View attachment 180273
Can't wait to see the fender. I would like to change mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put an after market wabr bonnet on my fender. I liked the looks. I am currently putting a classic fender (Klockwerks) on the bike (longer, lower) and the war bonnet looks really great on it (my opinion, plus the many that stare at the bike in general). I will post new fender when I get it back from paint on Friday. View attachment 180265 View attachment 180273
Looks great. Also looking forward to seeing the look with the new fender.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Agreed... everywhere I go, people comment on mine... they really like it...

·
Bronze member
1,814 Posts
War bonnet and new fender was put on today. All ready people are commenting. 2 people stopped at the gym to talk, as they saw the bike in parking lot. Small town and people are always friendly. I also stopped at bike repair shop, as he was giving me ideas on other options, and 6-7 HD riders pulled up to shop and they all had positive comments about the bike. One was S
DSCF0254.JPG
DSCF0255.JPG
DSCF0256.JPG
DSCF0258.JPG
portster owner and he is thinking of trading for a Scout.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That looks fantastic...really adds to the styling ~ Great Job :D

My Best ~ Joe :cool:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
War bonnet and new fender was put on today. All ready people are commenting. 2 people stopped at the gym to talk, as they saw the bike in parking lot. Small town and people are always friendly. I also stopped at bike repair shop, as he was giving me ideas on other options, and 6-7 HD riders pulled up to shop and they all had positive comments about the bike. One was S View attachment 180921 View attachment 180929 View attachment 180937 View attachment 180945 portster owner and he is thinking of trading for a Scout.
Got the link for that fender I love it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts