Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking to sell their chieftain/roadmaster tour pack/trunk, hit me up..

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Rider
874 Posts
Get in line. There are several others wanting the same thing including yours truly! LOL!
The trunks are hard to come by. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get in line. There are several others wanting the same thing including yours truly! LOL!
The trunks are hard to come by. Good luck with your search!
Had to throw it out there.. they are really expensive from Indian.

·
Rider
874 Posts
Had to throw it out there.. they are really expensive from Indian.

Boy you can say that again! I was minutes away from getting one with everything included for $1300. Smoking deal! Missed it by that much! If only I had been a few minutes earlier in replying to the post.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boy you can say that again! I was minutes away from getting one with everything included for $1300. Smoking deal! Missed it by that much! If only I had been a few minutes earlier in replying to the post.
That would've been smokin. To bad you missed out on it.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
These are usually wrecked pretty substantially on our salvage bikes... I think I have one good one here available - $1900 with some damages to back rest upholstery.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Will do... I decided to keep and use the last one we had repaired and repainted (glad I did). I have another pretty good one that arrived since then.

·
Rider
874 Posts
Will do... I decided to keep and use the last one we had repaired and repainted (glad I did). I have another pretty good one that arrived since then.
So are you saying you have more than one? If you don't and you come across another one I would appreciate it if you keep me in mind.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
So are you saying you have more than one? If you don't and you come across another one I would appreciate it if you keep me in mind.
If I sell the spare, then we also have another heavily damaged one that may be repairable with ingenuity and patience. I have done some pretty massive plastic welding before that turned out fine. Imbed a stainless-steel mesh and bury it in plastic - ABS is pretty good stuff for that and the steel bracketing and support in this design is quite solid. Upholstery, that is unfortunate with road-rash on top.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I’m sure you all want the factory trunk, but if you’re looking for a leather wrapped trunk with a small backrest pad, Viking makes a nice one. I’ve been using mine for almost a year. Love it.

IMG_2017.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
That custom upholstery looks pretty nice! Boxy trunk looks like it was designed for (another) brand though. Price is pretty reasonable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts