Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for my 1972 Indian se74 that I purchased new from Mission Honda in El Toro, Ca in 1973.I made a mistake and sold it to a kid in the neighborhood in 1975.That was the last time I saw it. I did some research: His family divorced and the Bike was taken to Torrance,Los Angeles,Ca in 1984 and left abandon on that property that year. Its mostly impossible, but I will try to make an effort to track it down.I still have the original receipt, many photo's as well as vin# and lic#.
1972 Indian SE74.jpg

·
Registered
443 Posts
Good luck searching for your bike. I've read stories of sons looking for their fathers car and finding it and giving it back to them. good luck in your search and I hope you find it

·
Registered
11 Posts
may the force be with you, good luck.
mmmm I had a friend in south Torrance that said that they had the small Indian bikes and would play with it, in October and I spoke to them about my bike but he said he got rid of his, now I don't know what size the bike(thought he said 100) but he was dropping the clutch to start her up, I can imagine with a couple of his buddies. is that the bike in the photos?
now I do recall when I was on the hunt for a bike my self, and heard that I can get an inexpensive Indian if I barter my way there. I did see like one or two being sold on ebay. but non of the yellow color.

one reason for the choices in these bikes because of American Pickers :cool::Do_O

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe ask your friend if the bike was yellow and if he has any pics....yes that is me on my bike in 1973.
Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes thanks, this is the exact model i had, but mine was yellow. last seen in 1984 In Torrance.
It is very slightly possible it was repainted so I will try to check vin on this one.
Thanks, this is very close..maybe I will try to buy it anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a yellow SE74 I picked up in Burbank a few years ago. Still all original even the tires. Might be your bike....Gaby

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, do you have a pic of your yellow Indian? what is the vin#?
Kevin
Hi Kevin, I don't have a pic of it at the moment, but it looks exactly like the one you are on in your photo, only it has a yellow front fender. I've been cleaning it up, replacing missing pieces...headlight...tail light... new seat cover..and a new set of rings since it was stuck from sitting.....the last 5 #s of the vin on the frame are 02024....Gaby

1 - 17 of 17 Posts