Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't hold my beath, but has anyone got the rear header pipe for a 2018 Road Master with the cat, that they wish to get rid of? I don't mind if the cat has already been removed as that is what, I will be doing should I be able to get hold of one soon. I don't want one that is damaged and don't really need the heat shield as I can use mine. I live in NSW Australia so that will be the biggest issue but if anyone has one of these and willing to sell it and post it to me as a reasonable price I am happy to pay that. I have searched the web and come up with nothing.
Kind regards
Geoff

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is this what you are looking for? Stock from my 2018 Chieftain Dark Horse...should be same for roadmaster....

t1O9s80mQMiemTo1TBSCNg.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you do not buy that one I purchased mine from ebay. Just check around. Not hard to find. I split mine in two. Dug out the the cat guts. Put a baffle in between to make true duels, but I added equalizer holes. Welded it back together. Dealers usually remove cat. Leave it wide open. Have fun.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this what you are looking for? Stock from my 2018 Chieftain Dark Horse...should be same for roadmaster....

View attachment 486060
Thanks I spoke with me dealership today and worked out a great deal on big bore kit ,they suggested that while they are doing the kit I take the pipe and get the cat deleted and if its too loud then buy a new rear pipe . I would be interested but the cost of postage from the Usa is so expensive for us here in Australia. I will like to ask what you want for the pipe and can you check on how much it would cost to post to Newcastle NSW Australia its about 100 miles north of Sydney.Who knows might work out cheaper than I thought, plus help you get rid of your pipe.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks I spoke with me dealership today and worked out a great deal on big bore kit ,they suggested that while they are doing the kit I take the pipe and get the cat deleted and if its too loud then buy a new rear pipe . I would be interested but the cost of postage from the Usa is so expensive for us here in Australia. I will like to ask what you want for the pipe and can you check on how much it would cost to post to Newcastle NSW Australia its about 100 miles north of Sydney.Who knows might work out cheaper than I thought, plus help you get rid of your pipe.
I will check on it and let you know...would rather someone get use of it than just sitting on a shelf in my garage!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check on it and let you know...would rather someone get use of it than just sitting on a shelf in my garage!
Thanks so much will be interesting as the postage from the U.S. always seems way over the top .I don't know why USPS charge so much ,I have found in the past their charges are close to or more than the items you buy .With a very few exceptions. Cheers

·
Registered
80 Posts

View attachment 486060
Hi, I would be interested in this cat section if Geoff-3 passes on it... I have been thinking about doing the same thing, cutting the cat out and welding it back up. I'd.
Like to do it on a second one Just in case I screw it up. I have a 2015 chief classic with a stage 1 kit with fishtails. If this is the same cat that would fit my application, . I would need a price for it shipped to Ringwood NJ 07456. Thanks Jeff P.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I would be interested in this cat section if Geoff-3 passes on it... I have been thinking about doing the same thing, cutting the cat out and welding it back up. I'd.
Like to do it on a second one Just in case I screw it up. I have a 2015 chief classic with a stage 1 kit with fishtails. If this is the same cat that would fit my application, . I would need a price for it shipped to Ringwood NJ 07456. Thanks Jeff P.
Shipping to NJ would be way cheaper then it would be to Australia judging from past experiences with USPS. I remember buying performance parts for my SRT 6.4 and it cost more then the bloody part to ship it lol. Just a fact of life I guess , the thing I find hard to understand is that is some cases the postage was cheap but 98% of the time it was close to the cost of the part or more.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Geoff,
I checked UPS and USPS both for shipping costs to Newcastle, NSW. Both estimates were roughly 115-125 USD. Doesn't seem to be very cost effective but I will ship it if you would like. I would like 100 USD for my head pipe. It is like new and had only 1000 miles on bike when I had it removed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am not sure about if it is the same head pipe or not but I would suspect it would fit. If Geoff passes, I will get in touch with you.

·
Founding Member
657 Posts
If you do not buy that one I purchased mine from ebay. Just check around. Not hard to find. I split mine in two. Dug out the the cat guts. Put a baffle in between to make true duels, but I added equalizer holes. Welded it back together. Dealers usually remove cat. Leave it wide open. Have fun.
So how does it sound now? Any loss of low end torque? … Great idea by the way!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am not sure about if it is the same head pipe or not but I would suspect it would fit. If Geoff passes, I will get in touch with you.
Thanks, Let me know but to be honest, Considering all the cost's and time, I'm starting to think I may go with Freedom Performance True Duals.... and just put my OEM Stage 1 setup with the Fishtails for sale.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks, Let me know but to be honest, Considering all the cost's and time, I'm starting to think I may go with Freedom Performance True Duals.... and just put my OEM Stage 1 setup with the Fishtails for sale.
Ok, please let me know what you decide. From what Ive read and researched here on the site, you will lose some low end torgue going with true duals. I had a gutted cat head pipe for awhile and switched to a X-pipe from Indian Libertyville two weeks ago. So far so good on that.

·
Founding Member
657 Posts
Ok, please let me know what you decide. From what Ive read and researched here on the site, you will lose some low end torgue going with true duals. I had a gutted cat head pipe for awhile and switched to a X-pipe from Indian Libertyville two weeks ago. So far so good on that.
I rode a used Chieftain with Freedom true duals and then hopped back on my 14 Chieftain with the Indian stage 1 exhaust and air cleaner. My bike had more low end torque and the power band seem to be spread out better too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So how does it sound now? Any loss of low end torque? … Great idea by the way!
Sound is great in my opinion. Yes does need a Tuner if you also put on AC. Just cat delete and slip ons no tune needed.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Geoff,
I checked UPS and USPS both for shipping costs to Newcastle, NSW. Both estimates were roughly 115-125 USD. Doesn't seem to be very cost effective but I will ship it if you would like. I would like 100 USD for my head pipe. It is like new and had only 1000 miles on bike when I had it removed.
Thanks and as I mentioned the USPS make heaps more than the sellers do. So sorry as you mentioned the cost of postage stops me every time. If I knew someone going to the USA or coming here might make it work for both of us but all good and thanks for your kind offer and effort.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
General FYI --
Yes I know about Woody and contacted him but he don't post to Australia and then if he did the USPS once agin take more than the actual product cost as close enough to the same cost.Then covert to Australian dollars and it works out too expensive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts