Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is probably hard to find since the bikes are so new but if anyone swaps out their front non skirted fender and/or the front wheel set from the Chieftain Elite or Limited, please let me know. I'd like to buy a fender (black if possible) and wheel (or wheel/tire combo) from someone rather than buying the parts brand new.

87544 is my zip

·
Bronze member
2,043 Posts
If your'e looking to go with the new fender and wheel combo on the Limiteds and Elites talk to your nearest Indian dealer. I was told that they have all the most recent colors already color matched and painted for the new fenders for $750 and the new 19" wheel for another $750. $750 for a color matched painted front fender is a good deal.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Those might become more common soon, my Dealer confirmed today that ALL new 2018 Chieftains will ONLY come with the new non skirted fenders and no Warbonnet neither.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those might become more common soon, my Dealer confirmed today that ALL new 2018 Chieftains will ONLY come with the new non skirted fenders and no Warbonnet neither.

[rage] WTF[rage]

·
Bronze member
2,043 Posts
Is that wheel only or does it include rotors and tire?
I was told $1500 for one painted Limited style fender in any factory color and one 19" contrast cut wheel package. And everything should just bolt up as stock. Fender and wheel only, rotor, tire, etc not included. On a previous bike it cost me over $850 to have just custom paint on a Harley rear fender so that's not a bad deal at all.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
A little on the rich side for me once all the associated pieces are purchased. As a compromise, maybe the Klock Werks fender that is designed to compliment the original front wheel/tire combo is the way to go, at least I think it's designed for use with the original front wheel???

·
Bronze member
2,043 Posts
Not sure what other associated pieces would be needed. If the OP already has a Chief, Chieftain or RM I was told all someone would need is to purchase a new 19" front tire. The stock brake rotor, ABS ring, Warbonnet (may require drilling new fender) and hardware should transfer right over.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
2 brake rotors with fasteners, 1 abs ring, tire, and maybe wheel bearings? This in addition to the 19" mag wheel + fender+ paint...I think I would go KlockWerks fender which compliments existing wheel and squirt some Indian red paint on it.

·
Rider
556 Posts
good to see some changes to that fender boys its personal taste some like it and some dont which is good makes the bike your own

·
Registered
527 Posts
A little on the rich side for me once all the associated pieces are purchased. As a compromise, maybe the Klock Werks fender that is designed to compliment the original front wheel/tire combo is the way to go, at least I think it's designed for use with the original front wheel???
Yes u can use the stock front wheel or it comes in different sizes for bigger wheels i didnt have to grind or cut anything just scuff it up and painted it

·
Registered
185 Posts

My dealer had slightly different information. He said there will be non-skirted fender option for the Springfield, Chieftain and Roadmaster. I guess we will have to see how this all plays out. Personally it is hard to believe they would get rid of skirted fender on the Cheiftain all together.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Does anyone have part numbers for the 19" Front Wheel?

I cannot find a part number anywhere, or 'Not Available'

misc info on the front & rear:

TIRE, FRONT, 130/60B/19
item: 5415817
qty: 1 @ $196.70

RING, TONE, ABS
item: 5633606
qty: 1 @ $11.36

Here is the info for the REAR wheel"

ASM., WHEEL, REAR, 16x5.0 CAST, BLACK
item: 1523060-440
qty: 1 @ $419.77

TIRE, 180/60, E3 MULTI COMPOUND
item: 5414888
qty: 1 @ $273.61

RING, TONE, ABS
item: 5633606
qty: 1 @ $11.36

I wonder if the 19" Front wheel will work with the Stock Skirted Fender.??
(i have seen 18" upgrades with the stock 'skirted-fender' and no risers)

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
Look up the tire specs and see what the outside diameter or over all height of each, the stock, and the 19" are.

·
Bronze member
2,043 Posts
I called one of the local dealers and she had the latest price/spec sheet with all the info, I'd suggest making a call

·
Registered
28 Posts
great! there goes the uniqueness of my limited! THANKS INDIAN!

·
Registered
429 Posts
unique Limited? lol

There is NOTHING unique about a Limited....

Standard production parts are just that.....standard and common!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts