Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the stock windshield on my 14 Vintage with a Clearview recurve but I'm not sure what size. I'm 5' 10 1/2 inches tall and want to look over the shield. Has anyone about my height put one on their bike and if so what wind
shield size worked best to look over the shield?
Thanks
Ray Z

·
Rider
816 Posts
I suggest sitting on your bike and look through your current shield, mark where you are looking on the shield, measure that height and subtract an inch or so.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I want to replace the stock windshield on my 14 Vintage with a Clearview recurve but I'm not sure what size. I'm 5' 10 1/2 inches tall and want to look over the shield. Has anyone about my height put one on their bike and if so what wind
shield size worked best to look over the shield?
Thanks
Ray Z
I have a Freedom 14" re-curve for sale. I used it for half a season. We can discuss the price, but buyer pays freight, OK? (recently I purchased a Chieftain and I can't use it)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is this a quick disconnect windshield, all mounting hardware? Pics? Will it fit a Chief Dark Horse? Thanks!
Dear Mr. 74

I am selling the almost new windshield alone. There is no mounting hardware, justthe windshield but it, (Freedom windshield) will fit any bike that interchanges Vintages parts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Mr. 74

I am selling the almost new windshield alone. There is no mounting hardware, justthe windshield but it, (Freedom windshield) will fit any bike that interchanges Vintages parts.
Hi Gordon C
I don’t want to insult you with a lowball price. What are you comfortable with shipped to 48065? Is the shield clear or tinted?
Ray Z

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I suggest sitting on your bike and look through your current shield, mark where you are looking on the shield, measure that height and subtract an inch or so.
That is assuming his current windshield is the correct height for him.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
No one can tell you what height is correct for you. Your height is not enough of a refernence point; it also depends upon the height of your torso and your sitting posture.

1. Get someone to hold a level from the tip of your nose out over the nacelle. The bottom of the level where it intersects the nacelle is a good height for a recurve over which you can see.

2. Measure 50' in front of your bike, place some small object at that location and sit on your bike. The tip of your windshield would be on the line between your eyes and the object on the ground.

·
Rider
816 Posts
That is assuming his current windshield is the correct height for him.
I don’t think so. If he is looking through his current shield, it’s too tall. If he is looking over it, my suggestion of course would not work. If his current shield is the correct height for him then he just needs to order per the manufacturer recommendations for a replacement height.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I don’t think so. If he is looking through his current shield, it’s too tall. If he is looking over it, my suggestion of course would not work. If his current shield is the correct height for him then he just needs to order per the manufacturer recommendations for a replacement height.

If it’s the correct height why would he want a new windshield, lol.

·
Rider
816 Posts
If it’s the correct height why would he want a new windshield, lol.
Same reason I did. He said he wants to replace his stock with a recurve. I bought a Freedom Shields for mine and they give instructions on measurements based on your current shield.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts