Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about this for a before Christmas special! We have a handful of open box RIVCO Indian Trailer Hitches for the 2014-2016 and 2017-2018 111” models. These retail for $299-$349 plus $160.00 for the wiring kits.

We want to get these gone before the new year so we want to offer something special to our Indian Forum friends. You can get the Hitch and the wiring harness for your bike and trailer for only $299 plus shipping. And to the first 10 people that place an order we will include a free RIVCO T-Shirt. These kits are brand new, never installed and include the full two year warranty.

So who is ready to get hitched? Give us a call at 888-801-8222 before they are gone

·
Registered
265 Posts
As much as I would like to, I don't want to void my warranty, I've asked 2 different dealers and they both said that it would void the warranty...

·
Registered
5 Posts
www.rivcoproducts.com displayed the following:

IC007 – Hidden hitch with vertical receiver for all 2014-2016 Indian models (excluding Scout models, will not fit 2017)

Not able to find models to support 2017/18.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As much as I would like to, I don't want to void my warranty, I've asked 2 different dealers and they both said that it would void the warranty...
Actually they can not legally void the warranty by installing a hitch. In 1975 the federal government passed a set of laws called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This act states your vehicle warranty cannot be voided or canceled for using any non-original equipment manufacturer (O.E.M.) part or accessory (like our trailer hitch) unless the manufacturer of the vehicle can prove the use of this non-O.E.M. part or accessory caused a failure of any part or parts on the vehicle. We encourage you to research the Magnuson-Moss act then share your findings with your dealer if they tell you installing our trailer hitch or any of our accessories will void your warranty.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
www.rivcoproducts.com displayed the following:

IC007 – Hidden hitch with vertical receiver for all 2014-2016 Indian models (excluding Scout models, will not fit 2017)

Not able to find models to support 2017/18.
We also a V2 hitch that will work with the 2017 and 2018 models. It is on sale for the same price and is shown in the first photo on the green Indian.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Actually they can not legally void the warranty by installing a hitch. In 1975 the federal government passed a set of laws called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This act states your vehicle warranty cannot be voided or canceled for using any non-original equipment manufacturer (O.E.M.) part or accessory (like our trailer hitch) unless the manufacturer of the vehicle can prove the use of this non-O.E.M. part or accessory caused a failure of any part or parts on the vehicle. We encourage you to research the Magnuson-Moss act then share your findings with your dealer if they tell you installing our trailer hitch or any of our accessories will void your warranty.
Hi Rich,
I did look at the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. and lots of legal mumble jumble that could tie up my bike in court if I was trailering at the time of a "failure" resulting the bike needing service and Polaris wanted to fight it. I know of 2 of my HD friends that were not covered under warranty when the bike had a problem, and they were not trailering at the time, HD sent out a rep to the dealership to verify the warranty repair, when he noticed the trailer hitch, claim was not approved.
Bob

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Bob,

I totally get what you are saying. It reminds of when I had my Porsche (before I got married). I had a special ECU tune done to it. Now if I brought it into the dealership and they could say that the tune caused the damage to what ever engine part and I was out of luck. So me like everyone else that had a tune would do is uninstall it before bringing it in for service due to a engine malfunction or drivetrain issue. This way their was no question that it was under warranty and they had to service it. I am not saying this is what you have to do because due to the Magnuson-Moss act you should be covered but if your dealer is giving you a problem this is one way to avoid any headaches with them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That is BS, the only way it can void your warranty is if the hitch were to cause damage or malfunction to the bike, then it would only apply to the damaged portion of the bike same as any aftermarket additons, we have Dealers that actually install hitches. If what they are saying is true then my Freedom windshield and my Kury floorboards and drinkholder void my Warranty? I have had one warranty claim and it was taken care of , my hitch was never even considered..Get a new Dealer sir.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That is BS, the only way it can void your warranty is if the hitch were to cause damage or malfunction to the bike, then it would only apply to the damaged portion of the bike same as any aftermarket additons, we have Dealers that actually install hitches. If what they are saying is true then my Freedom windshield and my Kury floorboards and drinkholder void my Warranty? I have had one warranty claim and it was taken care of , my hitch was never even considered..Get a new Dealer sir.
Well this can be debated over & over. I wasn’t thinking that floorboards or cup holders would be the cause of warranty work, more along the line of out on a trip somewhere, got your better half with you or not, trailer behind you then you have a motor or transmission issues where you have to take it to some other dealer than who you normally deal with. I’m not saying that any of the Indian dealerships out there would be the ones to void warranty work because of trailering, and perhaps I’m just going off of what I saw with this with HD. I have seen many bikes of all makes/models sporting the hitch and occasionally pulling the trailer, but haven’t been able to converse with the owners to get input. I’m retiring late next year and me & the wife are looking to rack up as many miles as I can on my 17 RM, trailering would make it way more enjoyable.

·
Registered
2008 Victory Vision 2016 Victory Vision 2020 Indian Challenger
828 Posts
... I have seen many bikes of all makes/models sporting the hitch and occasionally pulling the trailer, but haven’t been able to converse with the owners to get input. I’m retiring late next year and me & the wife are looking to rack up as many miles as I can on my 17 RM, trailering would make it way more enjoyable.
We pulled a Bushtec with our 2009 Vision for 21,000 miles. Believe me, at first we were VERY anti-trailer but a friend got one and we were sold on it. To be clear, we got the trailer for that bike because it didn't have the trunk, only a luggage rack. The Bushtec made our 2-up touring life a lot easier since it will carry WAY more than we actually put into it. I think the load limit was 150 pounds or so. The Bushtec traillers are very well made and very stable. The first 100 miles or so of towing was spent watching my mirrors but then I got comfortable. You really don't notice it behind you. A trailer will lower your MPG and require a longer stopping distance. You watch tight spaces like pulling around fuel pumps. Other than that it's a breeze. We pulled the Bushtec all over, including twisty roads like The Dragon with no issues. The Indians can certainly handle a trailer.

I can't vouch for whether or not a trailer hitch will void a warranty, but I never worried about it.

FYI, since we traded in that bike we no longer need the trailer. Our Bushtec Turbo+2 is for sale if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Quiggy

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,087 Posts
I pulled a trailer with my GW for some time. You couldn't even tell it was back there.
Now that the wife has a trike we no longer needed the trailer and sold it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How about this for a before Christmas special! We have a handful of open box RIVCO Indian Trailer Hitches for the 2014-2016 and 2017-2018 111” models. These retail for $299-$349 plus $160.00 for the wiring kits.

We want to get these gone before the new year so we want to offer something special to our Indian Forum friends. You can get the Hitch and the wiring harness for your bike and trailer for only $299 plus shipping. And to the first 10 people that place an order we will include a free RIVCO T-Shirt. These kits are brand new, never installed and include the full two year warranty.

So who is ready to get hitched? Give us a call at 888-801-8222 before they are gone

I ordered one today

1 - 15 of 15 Posts