Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Indian an chief classic and, I want to install Chieftain exhaust and hard Saddlebags.
I can't find the hard bags that come standard with the Chieftain/Roadmaster Including complete mounting hardware (spools,mufflers) quick release attach for saddlebags, wiring for the keyless lock system and locking button on the tank.
I am 100% willing to buy them.
Does anyone know where to find?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Me too. I need a set of hard bags, red, red/cream, or red/black. All I need are the bags. I have the pipes and can get the spools. Thaaaaaaaaaanks, Jefe

·
Registered
309 Posts
Give Rob Gregory a call @ Gregory Polaris. Pretty sure you WON"T pay retail. Rob and his crew did my Chieftain and know everything you'll need for a sucsessful and troublefree install.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just picked up my 2014 Classic Custom w/Hard Bags done by Poney Power Sports, Columbus, OH
I made several other changes for a more retro look.....Very satisfied with results.
Any dealer should be able to order the bags.....but, it will be more involved to make the bags fully incorporated with keyless lock, tank switch, etc like Chieftain...... Expect $3k plus parts & labor.
I tried to recreate a 1950 Indian Chief with hard bags (very rare) that is located at "Wheels of Time", Maggie Valley, NC.
BEST OF THE NEW YEAR 2015 to ALL.......

Reactions: harry

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I just picked up my 2014 Classic Custom w/Hard Bags done by Poney Power Sports, Columbus, OH
I made several other changes for a more retro look.....Very satisfied with results.
Any dealer should be able to order the bags.....but, it will be more involved to make the bags fully incorporated with keyless lock, tank switch, etc like Chieftain...... Expect $3k plus parts & labor.
I tried to recreate a 1950 Indian Chief with hard bags (very rare) that is located at "Wheels of Time", Maggie Valley, NC.
BEST OF THE NEW YEAR 2015 to ALL.......
Do the hard bags you ordered come fully assembled? I don't care about the electronics, I just need the bags and mounting spools. I also already bought a set of used Chieftain pipes. I fine with a manual system and a metal key to open and lock them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, you should be able to go to any authorized Indian dealer and order the complete "Hard Bag" with manual locks only. There is actually an individual part number for each component that makes the complete bag. Your Service Department should have a Part Number for the complete bag. The spools are ordered separately. There are some aftermarket spools also that have a a different look but function the same as OEM spools. Good Luck.....I really like the the look.....Remember that "Only Chieftain" exhaust pipes will work with hard bags because of mounting setup..... Any Mfg pipe OK as long as made for a Chieftain!

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Yes, you should be able to go to any authorized Indian dealer and order the complete "Hard Bag" with manual locks only. There is actually an individual part number for each component that makes the complete bag. Your Service Department should have a Part Number for the complete bag. The spools are ordered separately. There are some aftermarket spools also that have a a different look but function the same as OEM spools. Good Luck.....I really like the the look.....Remember that "Only Chieftain" exhaust pipes will work with hard bags because of mounting setup..... Any Mfg pipe OK as long as made for a Chieftain!
I think I'll look into getting them ordered tomorrow. I've seen spools made by Aeromach that appear to be correct. Did you purchase Indian spools or aftermarket?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used factory spools...did not find Aeromach till later ... They have a more finished look when you run without bags ....otherwise, the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts