Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a full front fairing (inner and outer) either OEM, Dragonfly, HP Concepts or Dirty Bird Concepts, please let me know.
It’s for my 2015 Chief Classic. You can also text me at 321-301-2581 w pictures and details.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you serious this can be attached to a chief classic. If so how if u could help it would be great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Are you serious this can be attached to a chief classic. If so how if u could help it would be great.
I personally do not know if this can fit a chief classic. It may hopefully another member will chime in. I do thing you would have to have the inner fairing..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I’m the one w the initial request. The fairing picture just shown by solodadof2 is just the outer shell of an Indian Chieftain. Lots of parts missing to make it complete so that’s not what I’m looking for unless the rest of the assembly is available.

I’m looking for something like this: (made by Dirtybirdconcepts)
Indian Motorcycle Fairing The Drifter 2014 to 2018 | Dirty Bird Concepts

Or something like this: (made by Dragonflyconcepts)
https://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/store/product.php?product=20

Or the OEM that comes w the Chieftain. Not sure if it can be fitted to a Chief Classic. Here’s one aftermarket made for the Chieftain, I’m just not sure how to attach it to the front of the bike.
ABS Outer Fairing & Headlight Bezel For Indian Chieftain 14-18 Roadmaster 15-18 | eBay

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
Just trade it in on a Chieftain. Why put a fairing on a Classic Chief. It is a Classic for a reason...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just trade it in on a Chieftain. Why put a fairing on a Classic Chief. It is a Classic for a reason...
Don’t want to trade because I have the most unique Indian Chief Classic in the world...hard to reproduce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,554 Posts
Good luck. I’ve tried three different windshields on my Classic and none of them worked well for me, as far as helmet buffeting goes. I’ve settled on no windshield at all because the wind off the front of this bike just isn’t that bad. Plus I like the more naked look...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don’t want to trade because I have the most unique Indian Chief Classic in the world...hard to reproduce.

Well, finally I have installed a front fairing on my Indian Chief Classic. Painted it same color as the bike. Next is the art work, still researching ideas. Maybe an Indian Chief headdress will look good.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I like this Cabezen, so would this fit a 2015 chuef vintage, for some reason my Perspex factory windshield has buckled a little in 4 years ive had it . iD USE MY ZAMBINI SET ON IT. Any storage boxes within the shield etc,.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That looks great! Did you order the Chief version or the Springfield version? What size windshield did you go with?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like this Cabezen, so would this fit a 2015 chuef vintage, for some reason my Perspex factory windshield has buckled a little in 4 years ive had it . iD USE MY ZAMBINI SET ON IT. Any storage boxes within the shield etc,.
Yes Hank, this will fit a 2015 Vintage. The fairing is sold by Dragonfly Concepts and fits all Chief models from 2014 and on. It installs exactly as if you were installing your OEM windshield. It uses quick disconnect brackets in case you ever want to switch back to your windshield.
There are no storage boxes in the fairing, only two 6x8 speakers and a Bluetooth stereo, which I selected and installed myself (all marine grade). Sounds incredible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks great! Did you order the Chief version or the Springfield version? What size windshield did you go with?
Dragonfly Concepts only has one choice of fairing that fit both the Chief Classic or Chief Vintage, no difference. Not sure if there’s a Springfield version, however if the Springfield OEM windshield is the same as Chief and Vintage, it should fit.

I used the 10” windshield, which completely covers your face...I don’t like wind in my face, it ages you rather rapidly.

Link to Dragonfly Concepts that sells the fairing:
Dragonfly Cycle Concepts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts