Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Founding member / rider
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really waiting for a Road King/Springfield/Heritage Softail Classic version of this bike. Quick detach Bags and Wind shield , and heated grips...............Oh Baby..... (y) 馃弽

Banned
I am really waiting for a Road King/Springfield/Heritage Softail Classic version of this bike. Quick detach Bags and Wind shield , and heated grips...............Oh Baby..... (y) 馃弽
I agree. The way it is now it's just another kookie kutter bagger. Yeah it's fast, at least by bagger standards. Butt not all of us need or want a loaded up two wheel drive SUV. Less electronic shit the better... JMHO.

Ok now, come at me bro, throw some stones LOL :giggle:

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
Everything on the Challenger is computer controlled... I doubt we'll see the PP108 come out without much tech.

Bronze member
Whatever else Indian decides to put this engine into.....it's going to be the SAME motor, loaded up with senors, probes, electronics and computers. No getting around that due to safety and emissions requirements of Big Brother. I could never go back to riding a bike without a fairing and/or windshield......just not worth it after getting whacked by a low altitude turkey vulture about 18 years ago on my HD. Luckily the bird hit mostly my helmet and I was moving at a pretty good clip.....otherwise I'd be responding from HOG Heaven!!!!:cool:(y)

Bronze member
I agree. The way it is now it's just another kookie kutter bagger. Yeah it's fast, at least by bagger standards. Butt not all of us need or want a loaded up two wheel drive SUV. Less electronic shit the better... JMHO.

Ok now, come at me bro, throw some stones LOL :giggle:
how does your Vintage handle in the curves?... do both wheels fight each other for control?;)

Reactions: BaggerJay

Rider
No one is currently building a motorcycle without an ECU, fuel injection, catalytic converter or the necessary sensors to make it work.
So I like having gps, tire pressure monitors, traction control, an adjustable windshield and a cool running engine.
I also like having a bike designed from scratch so that all the systems are designed to work together.
When I'm on the interstate I can't believe a v-twin is this smooth or corners so nicely.
I rode all those years before this generation of technology and I don't look back with longing to have numb hands and a sore ass.

Founding member / rider
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No No........I'm not saying go retro, just saying make a Springfield with this Engine and handling. I have a Heritage Classic Softail 114. Would love to have an Indian like my Heritage, but with the Indian Challenger engine and suspension.

Bronze member
Most likley from what I heard back when the Challenger was released is the PP 108 engine will not be in retro bikes like Chieftian's, Roadmaster's and Springfield. It will be in bikes like the Challenger and a Touring variant anmd possibly in a performace more Sporty version. The big bikes will be the Air cooled 116 series and the water-cooled 108PP series. So there will be 2 different heavyweight lines.

Rider
No No........I'm not saying go retro, just saying make a Springfield with this Engine and handling. I have a Heritage Classic Softail 114. Would love to have an Indian like my Heritage, but with the Indian Challenger engine and suspension.
Hi old timer. I think you鈥檙e onto something. The bike you would like to see is also what I would like to see. It鈥檚 a gaping hole in the Indian motorcycle line up. Filling it in with the liquid cooled PP108 would be a big hit fir them. I have a 2016 but I wouldn鈥檛 mind a second bike like that.

2016 Chieftain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts