Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Azul Crystal
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay 8 weeks today still waiting like a lot of people waiting on a Scout Bobber Azul Crystal the dealer said between 8-12 weeks but in my mail they gave me 2 stickers and 25.00 off apparel as almost as good when I was a kid when I got a toy from McDonald’s.All kidding aside I realiz when I pre ordered it that hopefully it would come during that time frame.I will wait forever how long it takes because the Indian is what I always wanted since I sold my 2012 Victory Jackpot for medical reason and now I am health enough to ride again.Stay safe and take care to alol.

·
Bronze member
3,367 Posts
It seems there are a lot of people waiting for something these days,no matter what it is,cause nothing appears to be available ,not to mention,anything that is available is NOT being shipped cause no one wants to work anymore.[ why should they when they can stay home a still get a pay check] Some are blaming the virus while others are blaming your new President,cause he sure as F*** ain't mine.I wish you luck!! Dave!!!

·
Bronze member
3,564 Posts
don't worry the admin said the supply chain issues is a rich mans problem... so if you're not rich you should be getting your bike sooner

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Azul Crystal
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems there are a lot of people waiting for something these days,no matter what it is,cause nothing appears to be available ,not to mention,anything that is available is NOT being shipped cause no one wants to work anymore.[ why should they when they can stay home a still get a pay check] Some are blaming the virus while others are blaming your new President,cause he sure as F*** ain't mine.I wish you luck!! Dave!!!
I know how we can get our motorcycles quicker have someone ride it across the border 😂it’s wide open easy riding

·
Registered
130 Posts
Still waiting on my Challenger Dark Horse Ordered in mid Aug.
I ordered mine beginning of September. Been about 6 weeks now... expecting at least 6 more.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Vintage, 2019 FTR-RR, 2021 Scout Bobber, 1977 Yamaha XS750
578 Posts
I have a plan.
Buy in Canada. Ship to Mexico. Ride it across the border. If your lucky the Border Patrol will help you with all the entry paperwork and registration then ship it anywhere in the US you want it to go for free!

·
Registered
414 Posts
A global supply chain shortage that started in early 2020, tariffs imposed by the previous administration which now many economists are begging to be reversed to lighten the load.
A little research and reality go a long way, this is a global problem.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Vintage, 2019 FTR-RR, 2021 Scout Bobber, 1977 Yamaha XS750
578 Posts
(My comment was meant to be funny.)
But I fail to understand how tariffs imposed by the previous administration affect unloading 128 full cargo ships sitting in the Port of LA.

·
Bronze member
3,564 Posts
A global supply chain shortage that started in early 2020, tariffs imposed by the previous administration which now many economists are begging to be reversed to lighten the load.
A little research and reality go a long way, this is a global problem.
yup sure would... like the 1+million containers sitting on the Chinese side empty... or the 400,000 loaded ones sitting off of the west coast waiting to get unloaded.. but all in all it's always someone else's fault no matter which side of the isle you sit on

·
Registered
130 Posts
(My comment was meant to be funny.)
But I fail to understand how tariffs imposed by the previous administration affect unloading 128 full cargo ships sitting in the Port of LA.
It's because when Trump imposed higher tariffs on China, which is where we get most of our stuff, China decided okay, then we won't send stuff and we'll slow down production. Now on top of this, the virus caused worldwide shutdowns and slowdowns all across the world. Once this all began, the snowball just started rolling downhill.
Decreased production due to tarrifs, manufacturing shutdowns because of spreading illness, transport workers having decreased hours and manpower. It's not really the previous administration's fault. It certainly didn't help, but this virus was bound to reak havoc regardless.

Reactions: Ian22 and Baron58

·
Registered
578 Posts
It could take until the “end of my lifetime” just to unload the 128 ships waiting in LA. (Not to mention the other ports around the country.) Last month there were 67 ships waiting to unload in LA, now there are over 100. They keep coming and are stacking up.

The crank shaft pin or some other “widget” they need to finish hossman07480’s 2022 Chief DH Alumina Jade Smoke is floating around in the harbor!

Just Unload the Damn Boats!

Take your shots, put on double masks, kiss Dr. Fauci. I don’t care. Please just get in your crane or truck and go back to work and unload the boats!

·
Registered
130 Posts
It could take until the “end of my lifetime” just to unload the 128 ships waiting in LA. (Not to mention the other ports around the country.) Last moth there were 67 ships waiting to unload in LA, now there are over 100. They keep coming and are stacking up.

The crank shaft pin or some other “widget” they need to finish hossman07480’s 2022 Chief DH Alumina Jade Smoke is floating around in the harbor!

Just Unload the Damn Boats!

Take your shots, put on double masks, kiss Dr. Fauci. I don’t care. Please just get in your crane or truck and go back to work and unload the boats!
Lol yeah this is a big part of the problem. Yesterday the president did announce a collaboration between massive companies like Walmart, best buy, ups, FedEx, and others to help move stuff from the ports faster. The ports also are going to be open and operating 24/7 now (which they never were before for some reason). Time will tell if these efforts are worthwhile, I'm guessing it will help to some extent.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,815 Posts
One third more time if they were working two 8 hour shifts already. 200% more if they were only operating on one shift. Not sure what hours the dock workers were doing though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
We are reaping from the greed of outsourcing…….

Tim

Reactions: shyoung1

·
Registered
414 Posts
It's because when Trump imposed higher tariffs on China, which is where we get most of our stuff, China decided okay, then we won't send stuff and we'll slow down production. Now on top of this, the virus caused worldwide shutdowns and slowdowns all across the world. Once this all began, the snowball just started rolling downhill.
Decreased production due to tarrifs, manufacturing shutdowns because of spreading illness, transport workers having decreased hours and manpower. It's not really the previous administration's fault. It certainly didn't help, but this virus was bound to reak havoc regardless.
Well said. Politics, we all want to point fingers without some real logical research. Same thing happened in the previous administration and is happening now. Not sure any politician could fix this absolute mess we are going though now all mostly because of covid.

This actually reminds me of the time my coworker was giving me shit for riding my motorcycle all by myself during the lock down.
People just want to point fingers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well said. Politics, we all want to point fingers without some real logical research. Same thing happened in the previous administration and is happening now. Not sure any politician could fix this absolute mess we are going though now all mostly because of covid.

This actually reminds me of the time my coworker was giving me shit for riding my motorcycle all by myself during the lock down.
People just want to point fingers.
I would choke the shit out of someone for that. I don't tolerate stupidity well lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not choking needed. I couldn't ask for a better coworker even if their politics were the complete opposite of myself.
I was talking about getting on about riding the bike lol. I don't care about political views.

Reactions: Davetac1 and Ian22
1 - 20 of 20 Posts