Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rider
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the VooDoo air intake on their RM? Have the HF chrome kidney Indian intake on our bike, but the whining it makes is driving me nuts and like to find an alternative. Like what I’ve seen on the VooDoo unit, but these things are pricey and like to hear from some tribe members that have them and get their impressions before pulling the trigger....thanks mucho!!

VooDoo Air Intake

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have it on my Chieftain. I love it. Initially I did hear a slight “sucking” noise when you open up the throttle but I got over it. At first it seemed a bit big on the bike but I’ve grown to love it. I get asked questions on it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
The site claims the intake “removes the burning heat on your right leg that the Indian 111 is known for.” Can anyone speak to validity of this claim?

·
Rider
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it on my Chieftain. I love it. Initially I did hear a slight “sucking” noise when you open up the throttle but I got over it. At first it seemed a bit big on the bike but I’ve grown to love it. I get asked questions on it often.

Has to be better than the constant whine you get out of the Indian HF intake....thought I could learn to ignore it, but after almost a year it's still driving me nuts. Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated!!!

·
Rider
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The site claims the intake “removes the burning heat on your right leg that the Indian 111 is known for.” Can anyone speak to validity of this claim?

That would be a plus if it's factual, but I've gutted the cat and not as worried about the heat, but any heat relief is a definite plus.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have my cat gutted and have the voodoo intake. I still have the heat coming on my right leg. Best way to get rid of that heat is ride.

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
Better be able to reach deep in your pocket for a Voodoo.

Reactions: CenCalRider

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
Whine from the chrome kidney shaped HF air cleaner?
Never hear a whine with mine.
Actually I would bet its way more quiet than the Round HF or even the Voodoo.
They look nice but pretty sure there is more mechanical noise from them then from the HF kidney shape you mentioned

·
Rider
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whine from the chrome kidney shaped HF air cleaner?
Never hear a whine with mine.
Actually I would bet its way more quiet than the Round HF or even the Voodoo.
They look nice but pretty sure there is more mechanical noise from them then from the HF kidney shape you mentioned
Mine whines all the time. Had the Lloydz arrow head HF on our last RM, it made some noise but nothing like the Indian HF does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts