Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I decided to upgrade my 2017 Chieftain Limited (Stage 2) with a new VooDoo Air Cleaner, a FuelMoto Jackpot Headpipe, and DynoJet PV-CX. I made a video showing the VooDoo Cleaner installation:

The best deal I found for all of these parts was from www.fuelmotousa.com. This is the first part. I am in the process of commencing the headpipe and creating a video for that as well. I must say, going from the stage 1 indian AC to the VooDoo AC has been surprising. Just by seat-of-the-pants measurements, the throttle response is improved and the sound seems throatier. Now I didn't have a decibel meter or any formal measurement device, but I wanted to let you know it's a good upgrade IMO.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That is a great video.....very informative. I usually take things like that to the dealer but even I’d feel confident doing it myself after watching your video.

I noticed at the beginning you show that the temperature of the engine with the stock air clean is 185 degrees and the temperature of the engine with the Voodoo air cleaner is 236 degrees. That is a significant increase in temperature. How does that translate into how much heat you feel from the engine when riding?

Update. I just went to the Voodoo’s website. I guess you were showing that the air cleaner stays cooler even if the engine is hotter, not that the Voodoo air intake makes the engine hotter. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update. I just went to the air cleaners website. I guess you were showing that the air cleaner stays cooler even if the engine is hotter, not that the Voodoo air intake makes the engine hotter. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You are absolutely correct. With the VooDoo the air entering the engine stays cooler and is less susceptible to increases based on the engine temperature affecting intake air temp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.