Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Roadmaster and going on a 2000 mile trip. How much of a problem is the voltage regulator?
Should I buy one to carry with me just in case???

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't think there is a history of voltage regulator failures.

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Rode through severe storm while back at the wall. Pretty bad one. I'm convinced that it fried my VR and battery. Granted - it was a down pour and no where to pull off. it was covered under warranty towed through IMRG. I would not buy a VR just because I was taking a trip. If your going to break down then you will, nothing can do about it. Just enjoy the trip and quit worrying, You bought pretty reliable bike
Pat

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes - there is a history of regulator failures. But no identified pattern ( i.e. production dates) of which bikes were affected. I have regulator problems I two bikes I rented - 2014's - but never a problem with my own 2014 Chief.

Should you carry one? Not a bad idea. If yours goes bad - you don't have to wait for one to be shipped if the nearest dealer if they don't have one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - there is a history of regulator failures. But no identities pattern of who is affected. I have regulator problems I two bikes I rented - 2014's - but never a problem with my own 2014 Chief.

Should you carry one? Not a bad idea. If yours goes bad - you don't have to wait for one to be shipped if the nearest dealer if they don't have one.
Is there a place on line to get one or have to drive to a dealer ?
Any idea how expensive they are?

Looks like it could be changed in minutes .

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I have a 2015 Roadmaster and going on a 2000 mile trip. How much of a problem is the voltage regulator?
Should I buy one to carry with me just in case???
In the search bar, top right of the page, type in "voltage regulator" and read to your heart's content.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts