Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really interested in these, since that little brake light on my Classic is, well, little. Love how these work and have read great things, and I like this concept more than the VoloMod concept. I'm no mechanic, but I can follow directions and do all the basic stuff (I think); this sounds pretty easy but I don't have any overly specialized tools in my garage so I don't want to think I'm connecting a few wires and tightening a few nuts only to find out that I need to take off the rear fender and wheel and yadda yadda yadda. Anyone installed these on the Classic? If so, how easy is it? And whatever a CANBUS is, it sounds like it's not good for these things. I don't know if I have a CANBUS or not, either, although I do admit to using some back in my college days. I didn't inhale though.

Vololights Brakeless Deceleration Indicator

Any insights here? Thanks in advance!

·
Gold member
6,448 Posts
Straight forward job, just follow what instructions you get with the light kit. Licence plate job should take no more than an hour. Then you're good to go. Than maybe making other drivers aware of your next maneuver or downshifting or slowing down you can wear a tshirt and enjoy some cool wind or air on the arms. No magic to installation! Have fun at it. Maybe you should shoot the video of the instal.at least the key points!!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,073 Posts
Done that on my scout. Simply wire in to your license plate light. Two years with it so far, and no close calls. Used to get close calls at least once a day on my previous bikes.

·
Bronze member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done that on my scout. Simply wire in to your license plate light. Two years with it so far, and no close calls. Used to get close calls at least once a day on my previous bikes.
Thanks, Mack -- I appreciate the info. See you Saturday in Auburn if you're there!

·
Bronze member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Enzo -- I'd seen that and was just wondering if there was anything in the process that's specific to the Classic. Doesn't sound like it. Although on this part of your post -- "While I was at it, I removed the two reflectors from the sides of the plate holder as well. They are riveted on and need to be drilled out to get them off." -- Was this optional? How did you re-attach them? (The video as you may know is no longer available.)

·
Bronze member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and there are no concerns over this "CANBUS" issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts