Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not the cheapest replacement 7" headlight but it is definitely one of the best and brightest. The best part is it was plug and play with zero modifications and no codes after 1 hour of riding including a good 5 to 10 minutes with high beam on continuously.

I also got the P-HLHI4 Dual Beams Part# 9895475, this keeps low beam on when you activate high beam, and this may stop the error codes from flagging as it is drawing ~ 35w, instead of only 18w if you only have the high beam. Having both beams on at the same time also makes high beam usable instead of stock high beam giving great vision up the road but almost nothing close in.

I plugged the halo light wire in before the P-HLHI4 connection, I did this because I am lazy and it was easy, this means that when I go to high beam the halo turns off, I believe if I plugged it in after the P-HLHI4 it should work in both low and high beams, I might pull it off and test it out but once again I am lazy so I probably won’t, the halo is only cosmetic and provides three fifths of F all light anyway.

Ok so here are some very dodgy images I have taken.

It is visible on objects in front of it the middle of the day in the Australia sun, I have not tested it in the dark yet though but I believe it will be plenty bright.

Cheers

Punkalflufen

·
Registered
474 Posts
I also got the P-HLHI4 Dual Beams Part# 9895475, this keeps low beam on when you activate high beam, and this may stop the error codes from flagging as it is drawing ~ 35w, instead of only 18w if you only have the high beam.
Interesting. Will that low beam adapter work with the JW Speaker headlight I installed? Looks like it might...

Were you having a problem with error codes?

I wonder if running low + high beam simultaneously presents an overheat issue with LED headlights?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see why the P-HLHI4 Duel Beam Part#9895475 wouldn't work, I have not had my ear next to it when I change from low to high beam and I have not heard the click of a relay so I think it only uses a mosfet or similar

I have had no codes at all, I have had high beam on for around 30 minutes to 1 hour switching it on as soon as conditions and traffic allow it and have put over 1000km on it so I can say with some confidence that you shouldn't get codes with this combination.

As for your light and it overheating with both low and high beam activated at the same time that depends on your light. But you should be safe, I would check your light just to be safe though, JW speaker is a popular light someone will have run both high and low at the same time for extended peariods

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have talking the the Manufacturer alot about this New headlight , it blows all of them away ,, I have installed them in Chieftain / Road master and the Chieftain headlight bucket , the Back is plastic , Not sure about the Chief or Vintage Bucket ,, but if you Do NOT ADD WASHERS AS SPACERS , The Vision X will Warp your Bucket , pic is Enclosed

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
The Vision X XMC 7 - Rd , needs 3 - 4 mm I.D about .- .034 thick . flat washers stacked together , as a Spacer between the Retaining Ring and the Bucket

·
Registered
186 Posts
I can't see why the P-HLHI4 Duel Beam Part#9895475 wouldn't work, I have not had my ear next to it when I change from low to high beam and I have not heard the click of a relay so I think it only uses a mosfet or similar

I have had no codes at all, I have had high beam on for around 30 minutes to 1 hour switching it on as soon as conditions and traffic allow it and have put over 1000km on it so I can say with some confidence that you shouldn't get codes with this combination.

As for your light and it overheating with both low and high beam activated at the same time that depends on your light. But you should be safe, I would check your light just to be safe though, JW speaker is a popular light someone will have run both high and low at the same time for extended peariods
I purchased one of these p_HLHI4 adapters, and, it does not work with my jwspeaker 8700 evolution 2 headlamp. the members here will figure it out though i am sure.
Gary, have you any thoughts?

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,885 Posts
There are two headlight threads now. Hope I can see the trick if someone figures it out and it works with the stock headlight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts