Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us are hurting from the current situation. www.IndianAftermarket.com is still busy but slowing down quickly. Feel free to help an American manufacturer out. But it hit me today how Indian and Harley are fighting for the few buyers out there. Some dealerships have closed before the virus. This has got to be coffin nails for many dealers. I think America will be very different by the end of this year. I hope all of you keep safe and get through this.

·
Bronze member
3,470 Posts
its certainly going to cull the herd... a little faster than before... my dealer should weather the storm... they sell; Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph, Polaris ATV/UTV/Snowmobile, Sea Doo, Slingshot and Indian.. the Harley dealer in my area (notice I said one dealer) should be OK but the kids just bought it from the Old Man however they sell Can Am also...

·
Registered
422 Posts
agree completely. when I purchased my chieftain we discussed the change over the last 5-10 years. our dealer also sells 5-6 other brands of bikes, but its changed from road bikes to mostly quads, side by sides and dirt bikes. people don't want to drop 12-30g on a seasonal toy anymore. in pa restaurants and business in my direct area are already closing for good...and its only week 2.....

·
Bronze member
2,309 Posts
All new sales are hurting. Most states shut down dealer sales departments. Automotive and motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,561 Posts
I was the last customer yesterday at my dealership (tires, oil change etc). The state shut things down while I was waiting. Everybody was bummed — this dealership (Indian of Denver) had the best first quarter ever and were announced as the Southwest Region volume leader. They were looking to a spectacular summer — now not so much. One of the sales guys told me staff enjoyed coming to work — chaos, bored and crying kids at home, irritable spouses. Work was a pleasant reprieve.

Now they’re in it with us...

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I was the last customer yesterday at my dealership (tires, oil change etc). The state shut things down while I was waiting.
Interesting... Classifying a dealership as non-essential. We did the opposite in south Texas.
Maybe SELLING cars/bikes isn't really essential. But, servicing is.
From our county "essential business" list..
{Laundromats, gas stations, auto sales, auto dealerships, auto supply, auto, recreational vehicle, and bicycle repair, hardware stores,......}

·
Registered
111 Posts
There are a few dealerships around me that are still open, they are doing online/over the phone sales and only allowing people in who are purchasing and picking up their bike. I just bought one and pick it up on Monday. While others are stocking up on toilet paper I figured id buy me a motorcycle (y)

·
Bronze member
2,309 Posts
Interesting... Classifying a dealership as non-essential. We did the opposite in south Texas.
Maybe SELLING cars/bikes isn't really essential. But, servicing is.
From our county "essential business" list..
{Laundromats, gas stations, auto sales, auto dealerships, auto supply, auto, recreational vehicle, and bicycle repair, hardware stores,......}
The service departments at most are still open. It’s just the sales side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
There are a few dealerships around me that are still open, they are doing online/over the phone sales and only allowing people in who are purchasing and picking up their bike. I just bought one and pick it up on Monday. While others are stocking up on toilet paper I figured id buy me a motorcycle (y)
Exactly what I told my wife last night. If she was not perfectly happy with her bikes, just sit back and wait a few weeks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Heck Chevrolet is offering 0% APR on Corvettes for like 84 months AND defer payments for 120 days AND dropped the price down to $58K (model depending) just to move something. If I liked Corvettes, I'd be all over that deal.

·
Bronze member
2,711 Posts
My dealer just went to “appointment only” for sales and service. All the toy dealerships are going to be impacted...imagine selling boats.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would think the dealers will be after my stimulus check?

Tim

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was the last customer yesterday at my dealership (tires, oil change etc). The state shut things down while I was waiting. Everybody was bummed — this dealership (Indian of Denver) had the best first quarter ever and were announced as the Southwest Region volume leader. They were looking to a spectacular summer — now not so much. One of the sales guys told me staff enjoyed coming to work — chaos, bored and crying kids at home, irritable spouses. Work was a pleasant reprieve.

Dang, I wanted to go look at the blue/white Vintage they have sitting on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Heck Chevrolet is offering 0% APR on Corvettes for like 84 months AND defer payments for 120 days AND dropped the price down to $58K (model depending) just to move something. If I liked Corvettes, I'd be all over that deal.
I don't think they have been able to push the c7's around since the day the announced the c8's. and now this. if I was a car guy I would wait for a c8 all day. they won't be discounting or offering finance deals on those bad boys for a year or 2

·
Registered
422 Posts

I've been waiting to get the pipes they dinked up installed on my bike. I called there mid week last week and they said they had to tell everyone in the shop they arnt required to stay but work was available. only 3 our of 10 stayed at work...shows there drive. that all changed regardless last Friday when they had to close the doors. they need to keep car repairs open but not a atv or motorcycle dealership/ repair.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts