Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone has photos of a Vintage or Classic with black wall tires would you please post them here?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys. I believe I'm sold on the black walls. Didn't think the Vintage could look any cooler than it already does but the retro-vibe is even stronger with the black wall tires.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The tires that came on the bike are the only white walls this bike will ever have, the next set will definitely be black walls. Now if I could just find someone with a Chieftain that wants to trade rims so I can get rid of the spokes.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I had white walls on my HD Electra, but got totally tired of cleaning them. my new Vintage came with, but after seeing the Blue Chief I may be going to black. Think I would like to see a pic of the Springfield Blue with tan bags and seat with B. walls before I decide. Any one have one?

·
Founding member
989 Posts
I will not go back with white walls. Mine are turning brown and I just don't want to clean them as often as they need it. Getting too old for that.

·
Founding member
989 Posts
The tires that came on the bike are the only white walls this bike will ever have, the next set will definitely be black walls. Now if I could just find someone with a Chieftain that wants to trade rims so I can get rid of the spokes.
Kind of there too SgtAl....

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I think if I got a Chief or Vintage I would also swap out the white walls for black wall tires. I think I would also consider getting a set of Chieftain rims and having them chromed and replace the spokes. I love the look of the spoke rims but when you are in the middle of nowhere and get a flat you're stuck. Been there once, never again!

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Yep the black and blue is nice too. These are faster than the red with whitewalls lol.
View attachment 3389
Blue Chief, after reviewing this, it occurred to me that you have the Solo Rack, the fender rack AND the backrest. I was told that the backrest and the Solo Seat Rack could not be used together. Did you modify the mounts? Is that an OEM backrest? It is the same setup I want on my new Vintage. Thanks for your response.

Quinn

·
Registered
638 Posts
Blue Chief, after reviewing this, it occurred to me that you have the Solo Rack, the fender rack AND the backrest. I was told that the backrest and the Solo Seat Rack could not be used together. Did you modify the mounts? Is that an OEM backrest? It is the same setup I want on my new Vintage. Thanks for your response.

Quinn
Hi Quinn. I got my accessories awhile back but at the time Indian said that the solo rack (attaches to the fender and seat) and the solo grab rail (wraps around the seat and attaches to the seat) and the backrest with mount were all compatible. They were all compatible for 2014 and can be used together. If I remember right the solo grab rail slides into the seat above where the solo fender rack slides in. The backrest post slides into the backrest mount just as it would without the other accessories. I'm 6'4 so I put a washer under the backrest mount front holes and inverted the backrest post as discussed elsewhere. For me the system works great and is super comfortable. The only thing about using the solo fender rack and the grab rail is that the leather on the seat where the accessories slide though is just a bit wrinkled. Hardly noticeable. Let me know if you have more questions but I think if you get the accessories you will see how they must go together.

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Hi Quinn. I got my accessories awhile back but at the time Indian said that the solo rack (attaches to the fender and seat) and the solo grab rail (wraps around the seat and attaches to the seat) and the backrest with mount were all compatible. They were all compatible for 2014 and can be used together. If I remember right the solo grab rail slides into the seat above where the solo fender rack slides in. The backrest post slides into the backrest mount just as it would without the other accessories. I'm 6'4 so I put a washer under the backrest mount front holes and inverted the backrest post as discussed elsewhere. For me the system works great and is super comfortable. The only thing about using the solo fender rack and the grab rail is that the leather on the seat where the accessories slide though is just a bit wrinkled. Hardly noticeable. Let me know if you have more questions but I think if you get the accessories you will see how they must go together.
Thank you!

·
Rider
523 Posts
Congrats same bike purchases this week, now we need to find what to use to clean white walls, mine are smeared with black soot..help
Ride safe

1 - 20 of 57 Posts