Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Samson mufflers a week ago and still waiting for them to come in. Has anyone put them on yet? If so are they alot louder then the stage one and how do they sound? Thanks Steve

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very cool! Definitely post up some pictures when you get them in and let us know what you think about the sound.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm running Freedom Performance Exhaust True Dual Shark Tails on mine Vintage new pipes 1.jpg vintage new pipes 2.jpg

These just came out from freedom performance exhaust
Here's all three sound clips they have on their Facebook Page.

Stock Headers w/ Slip-on's

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=659161480818783&set=vb.103618833039720&type=2&theater

True Duals w/ Slip-On's

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=660153597386238&set=vb.103618833039720&type=2&theater

Full True Dual Fishtails

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=660138480721083&set=vb.103618833039720&type=2&theater

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks I am very happy with them! I picked her up and first impression she looks awesome, when I fired her up....holy smokes! She sounds awesome nice deep throaty rumble. I rode her up over Pacheco pass hwy 152 and she has plenty of power, was pulling and wanted to run at 80 mph @ 2800 RPM. Got her up to 95 mph but had to back down due to few CHP in the area. Took her down to Hollister rally and she was a hit, got lots of looks and questions.
I haven't got a reflash and don't really think she needs it. I might go with a power commander and a new AC for added performance. I am more than happy with results!
Oh yeah I also did some additional mods, I painted actually dyed my seat...and got some complements.
20140704_201327.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got lucky, I let them use my bike to do the mock up and fab of the pipes and I got a free set out of the deal.
Im very interested in this exhaust because i need something alot louder then stock, i knocked out my baffles but still not loud enough. So you didn't need a flash or tuner when you installed these, my other question is that we have PA inspections yearly, do i have to take this off and put back the stock exhaust including the cat. converter?? I appreciate your help since it is hard finding Indian exhaust to listen to in person.

steve

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes I did the same and felt the same when I knocked out my freeze plugs. I am thinking of getting a power commander and an AC to add to power and performance, but when they are available. As for your state inspection, you'd be better off to check with the local authorities. California is very strict on exhaust, so I kept my stock pipes just in case. I know I wasn't too much help but I'll try to answer the best I can.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't like how long they are. They look funny sticking way out back. I would like to see the Indian fishtails on a vintage, hopefully there not out that far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i ordered the Samson on June 6. They charged my credit card twice at the order. Took a month to get the overcharge back. They continued to like to me about why they were shipping them for two more months. Chrome this, lost shipment that, etc. I finally decided they dont deserve my business with a business attitude like they have. Calls to mgmt, ownership got diverted to "holding patterns" or un-returned voicemail. I cancell the order on the second week of Aug. They said that refund to my credit card would take 3 weeks! Sure funny how they tapped my credit card twice on the same day of the order, and refund takes 3 weeks. BEWARE! How good can their product be if they treat customers like this? I've ordered the Freedom Performance True Duals.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
i ordered the Samson on June 6. They charged my credit card twice at the order. Took a month to get the overcharge back. They continued to like to me about why they were shipping them for two more months. Chrome this, lost shipment that, etc. I finally decided they dont deserve my business with a business attitude like they have. Calls to mgmt, ownership got diverted to "holding patterns" or un-returned voicemail. I cancell the order on the second week of Aug. They said that refund to my credit card would take 3 weeks! Sure funny how they tapped my credit card twice on the same day of the order, and refund takes 3 weeks. BEWARE! How good can their product be if they treat customers like this? I've ordered the Freedom Performance True Duals.
Thanks for the "heads-up, KMOSB.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks I am very happy with them! I picked her up and first impression she looks awesome, when I fired her up....holy smokes! She sounds awesome nice deep throaty rumble. I rode her up over Pacheco pass hwy 152 and she has plenty of power, was pulling and wanted to run at 80 mph @ 2800 RPM. Got her up to 95 mph but had to back down due to few CHP in the area. Took her down to Hollister rally and she was a hit, got lots of looks and questions.
I haven't got a reflash and don't really think she needs it. I might go with a power commander and a new AC for added performance. I am more than happy with results!
Oh yeah I also did some additional mods, I painted actually dyed my seat...and got some complements.

View attachment 1014
You had better get a reflash asap. It is required. Your bike is already running lean from the factory. Lean = heat. With the new pipes it is now running even leaner. Get it done.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had true dual samson fishtails on my harley I had to order them from the usa so I rang samson I got told that they would cost me so much direct from them??? I asked the lady how come they cost less on amazon.com she could not tell me so I decided to go with a company Texas I think the name was powersport-superstore great service and cheaper then samson including freight to australia. Samson pipes are great everything fits but I had to buy a powercomander ect no problem but now with my indian I went all indian with stage 1 pipes and saved my self nearly $800 for not having to buy a commander and get it dyno tuned, good luck and im looking forward to see some photos of the fishtails

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got the Thunder Manufacturing AC, the true dual pipes, and reflashed. She runs like a beast, and sounds like one too! Hitting 110 mph and wanting more.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I got the Thunder Manufacturing AC, the true dual pipes, and reflashed. She runs like a beast, and sounds like one too! Hitting 110 mph and wanting more.
That is awesome, congrats. Any sound vids?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts