Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I understand that during the Neutral switch recall there is also a computer re-flash and I was wondering if the right toggle which has no function is repurposed during the updates. I've heard several conflicting stories and I just want to make sure I do not have to eliminate my garage door opener and re-connect the toggle back to original before having the recall completed.

·
Silver member
4,597 Posts
I don't think the right toggle is affected on a Vintage. On the Springfield's it moves the TPMS monitoring to that toggle.

Reactions: OR Jim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Even if it is, shouldn’t have to redo everything unless it makes use of a feature you actually want to use. Vintage doesn’t have TPMS so wouldn’t be that. 2019 and up the right switch is already in use, used for changing ride modes and turning cylinder deactivation on/off. Not sure they would add those to the pre 2019 bikes. You could always ask when you have it done(though from what I’ve heard even answers from techs on any questions are widely varied) then if it does add a feature decide if you even want to use that feature.

·
Silver member
4,597 Posts
Even if it is, shouldn’t have to redo everything unless it makes use of a feature you actually want to use. Vintage doesn’t have TPMS so wouldn’t be that. 2019 and up the right switch is already in use, used for changing ride modes and turning cylinder deactivation on/off. Not sure they would add those to the pre 2019 bikes. You could always ask when you have it done(though from what I’ve heard even answers from techs on any questions are widely varied) then if it does add a feature decide if you even want to use that feature.
No, Indian will never add the cylinder deactivation and ride modes to the old bikes. It would discourage folks from upgrading.

I'm about 99.9% sure the upgrade wont affect his right trigger since he has the spoke wheels like you mentioned. On the Sprinfield and the Darkhorse models it makes it more user friendly while riding if your TPMS light goes on. It helps since you don't have to toggle, toggle, toggle, toggle, to get the info while moving down the road. That was a good move by Indian and appreciated...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gentlemen, I'll report the outcome after I get her in for the service.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No, Indian will never add the cylinder deactivation and ride modes to the old bikes. It would discourage folks from upgrading.
Yea thats pretty much what i meant, even though it would likely be super easy for them to do, don't know of any hard parts were added to the 2019 for those features just software to tell it what to do.

Not to thread jack, but just a thought, would buying a 2019 computer for an older year bike give the ability for these features?

·
Bronze member
1,362 Posts
The update has no effect on the Vintage bikes. It did change on my Springfield and changes how you check the TPMS, but the Vintage stayed the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Vintage does have TPMS

·
Bronze member
1,362 Posts
My 2014 Vintage does not have TPMS and it is not a factory feature on that model.

·
Founding member
1,976 Posts
I looked at the specs and features for my 2017 Vintage. It lists TPMS. When I turn on the Ignition, the monitor idiot light for TPMS comes on with all the others.
If you're looking the specs up on the Indian site, it is well-known that they frequently had errors on the details of the bikes. Also, all the displays (Springfield/Chief/Vintage) are identical and the light (including the safety-check during startup) will be present on all of them. The question is, can you view the tire pressure on your bike's display?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts