Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the tan handlebar bag mounted on a Vintage without the windshield?

I had a windshield bag on my old bike and found it very useful.
It's my understanding that the Indian bag sits on the front end and not mounted to the windshield.
I do like to ride around without my windshield but I don't necessarily want some goofy bag sitting on the beautiful front end.

I'm also wondering if it acts like a mini wind break?

Inquiring minds and all that......yeah, it is raining today here in New Orleans....again.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great.
Thank you.
It doesn't look too bad....does it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
doesn't look awfully bad no. i have a black vintage and i still don't like the look of the handlebar bag without the windshield.

it's really handy to have the large storage there, but its sort of has a mohawk-look to me ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
doesn't look awfully bad no. i have a black vintage and i still don't like the look of the handlebar bag without the windshield.

it's really handy to have the large storage there, but its sort of has a mohawk-look to me ;)
I could not agree with you more. If I remove the windshield. I remove the bag too. It is damn handy though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I could not agree with you more. If I remove the windshield. I remove the bag too. It is damn handy though.
i used to remove the bag each time too, but here of late the 2 screws holding the bag down are getting harder and harder to screw in and out. feels
like they are going to strip. is there something i can put on the threads to make them easier to install and remove? i really don't want to strip them out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
BD - thanks for the link. it answered my question about the threads for sure. you be an accurate sort a guy. thanks again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
m3rogers, what size wheel do you have on your front ? a lot of customizing to get that look ? Really would like to have a bigger one myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good looking bike...I especially like where you placed the tool roll. Where did you get the passenger crash bars...Indian?

·
Registered
66 Posts
that is not my bike. its a picture i found quickly to post. i do have a black
vintage but its stock.

putting the tool bag down below the front tire looks OK on a pic, but not so practical.

and howse about that faded vintage leather too!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good looking bike...I especially like where you placed the tool roll. Where did you get the passenger crash bars...Indian?
Where did the tool roll come from?

"putting the tool bag down below the front tire looks OK on a pic, but not so practical."

If I wanted to be practical I'd have bought a Prius.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the tan handlebar bag mounted on a Vintage without the windshield?

I had a windshield bag on my old bike and found it very useful.
It's my understanding that the Indian bag sits on the front end and not mounted to the windshield.
I do like to ride around without my windshield but I don't necessarily want some goofy bag sitting on the beautiful front end.

I'm also wondering if it acts like a mini wind break?

Inquiring minds and all that......yeah, it is raining today here in New Orleans....again.
I have the bag but not a picture of it without the windshield. I don't think it will look goofy. I find it quite useful. Couple of things to consider; First, I found a bag at my dealer from the 2014 stash. I wanted to resemble my leather NOT the 2015 stock. Second, I had them dye to match my other leather so it would not stand out nor fade rapidly. Third, they make you buy the Concho at $50 bucks but you have to buy a (3) pack. I found that part of it to be a rip off as I have a Black Vintage so I have little use for the 2 remaining Conchos.
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Looks great, I'm gonna get one. Very useful for when you don't have pockets in your coat or shirt....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like the vintage look of the tan leather but have you looked at a black leather so that it doesn't stick out so much?...if you don't like it without a windshield?

·
Early joiner
157 Posts
I have the bag but not a picture of it without the windshield. I don't think it will look goofy. I find it quite useful. Couple of things to consider; First, I found a bag at my dealer from the 2014 stash. I wanted to resemble my leather NOT the 2015 stock. Second, I had them dye to match my other leather so it would not stand out nor fade rapidly. Third, they make you buy the Concho at $50 bucks but you have to buy a (3) pack. I found that part of it to be a rip off as I have a Black Vintage so I have little use for the 2 remaining Conchos. View attachment 3164 View attachment 3165
My Dealer sold me the concho that is used on the seat and bags for the windshield bag. It was about $12.

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
I have a handle bar bag on order (back order actually) and my dealer, Lone Star Indian, added a concho with the bag. They didn't require me to buy the bag of 3.

If you bought a bag of 3, Vintage Harry, I would bet you could sell the others you don't want here on the site?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts