Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they cost more but they also aesthetically look better with that Indian front chrome piece (retro) Who has them? Are they good? Are there speakers that are significantly better?? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Kuryakin bluetooth speakers. I'm not sure if these are what you are referring to. I bought the more expensive INDIAN branded ones (an additional $200)...they look good, but they are terrible! I can listen to about 4 songs before the sound stops coming through the speakers. I check my device and it's still playing, I check the bluetooth connection and it's still connected, but no sound. When I can hear the sound, it's not loud at all. I can't barely make out the music playing when i'm riding 30mph. I don't think the heavy price tag is worth these at all. I'm searching for some good speakers but so far, I havent' found anything worthy. I want to return these to the dealership. I'd think that with that huge price tag, Indian should back up these speakers in a warranty. I'm still waiting to hear if the dealer will return them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the Indian Bluetooth speakers. Although they are not terribly loud, I find, at highway speeds, they are loud enough. I too was having a problem with my speakers cutting out, but then realized it was due to emails, calls or texts coming in. After they completed, for instance when the caller hung up, he music came back on. The main issue I have is while connected to bluetooth, the right speaker is not nearly as loud as the left. I took it to the dealer, and they found it to be true as well, and put in a ticket with Indian; still waiting to hear back. However, when connected with the RCA jack, which ultimatly isn't a problem at all, they both work fine, and seem louder than bluetooth. I know it defeats the purpose of the speakers being bluetooth, but the phone is kept in my windshield bag anyway, and that's where the cable comes out, so whatever.

I think though if I were to do it all again, $600 is probably too much. But, I am actually happy enough with the purchase. Depending on what Indian says about the bluetooth issue, I could change my mind altogether.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
I looked on Amazon and cyclesound and found way cheaper and more powerfull with mini amps. You can also go bluetooth and non bluetooth. You can also add satallite and FM...but I hear they are compelling cell phone providers to activate the chip already in smartphones to livestream radio. I myself am holding out a little longer to see what I'm doing after the rollouts from harley and indian for 2016.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts