Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 15 vintage with stage 1 exhaust and intake with 6 shooter tips. stage 2 cams with pc5. got a dyno today and they got me to 87 HP with 114 torque. I am extremely happy with these results and am curious what others have achieved with this set up, I still got 47 mpg on a freeway ride the other day. usually around town its about 42.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm learning that stock torque specs are a bit optimistic if not over-stated -- 119 ft.-lbs. Did you do a baseline run before your mods?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Stock is 119 ft.-lbs. Unless that is overstated or dyne results can be highly variable, it seems like you lost 5 ft.-lbs of torque after your mods, rather than an increase.
The 119 ft. lbs. of torque that Indian advertises is measured at the crankshaft of the engine. The 114 ft. lbs. of torque that the OP states is measured at the rear wheel. The torque value (and horsepower) decrease because of the losses between the crankshaft output and the rear wheel (primary, transmission, etc). So to know the true increase in the power of his modification one must know the torque and H.P. at the rear wheel before he started. In other words, what are stock values of torque and H.P. at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am doing a stage II install this coming Thursday. They showed me the dyno chart of a 111 with v&h turndowns, stage II cams, Lloyds air cleaner and power commander. With those changes to that particular bike they were able to pull 93 hp and 123 ft lbs of torque. I had seen another one where they had gotten 90 hp, but I don't remember the ft lb #'s. I know that one had the v&h turndowns as well and I have driven that one. Sweet ride and it sold me. The horsepower gain is 25% and that is significant with no other work being done. So if your driving around Green Bay wi and get smoked by a black chieftain with a top box, that will be me !;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am doing a stage II install this coming Thursday. They showed me the dyno chart of a 111 with v&h turndowns, stage II cams, Lloyds air cleaner and power commander. With those changes to that particular bike they were able to pull 93 hp and 123 ft lbs of torque. I had seen another one where they had gotten 90 hp, but I don't remember the ft lb #'s. I know that one had the v&h turndowns as well and I have driven that one. Sweet ride and it sold me. The horsepower gain is 25% and that is significant with no other work being done. So if your driving around Green Bay wi and get smoked by a black chieftain with a top box, that will be me !;)
Those would be the best numbers I've seen to date. Previous was 91 and 116. I think a lot depends on the dyno machine and the dude/dudette doing the tuning, I also think they say there's as much as a 10% variance between dyno machines. The real trick with this is getting the most HP and T out of your machine, but still making it a long haul rider, which to me is something that gets better than 30mpg's. I've run maps in my PCV that gets me 40 and then others that get me 32. For me, stock bike was getting somewhere around 46, but I wanted pipes and a better looking aircleaner and then of course mo power, but hey that leads to a cooler running motor.....so justified. I'm considering adding an A/B switch to my PCV so that I can run a stock (zero map) for best mpg's with my set up and then a max HP map for when I want or need the power.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My husband picked up his 15 Vintage from being cam'd and dyno'd yesterday. He came out with 90 and 110. Not bad. He said he can really tell the difference. This is with the Indian high flow breather, DB exhaust and power commander. Question tho...on the way home, the bike stalled 3 times when it was stopped, like it wasn't getting enough gas. Anyone have any issues like that?

·
Registered
328 Posts

I have a Thunder AC, Lloydz mufflers, Stage 2 cams with flash and I got
95.9 hp and 120 lbs torque on the dyno run in Daytona when Coastal Indian installed the cams.
Note-The air fuel mixture number on the chart is a default number since they didn't test for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
My husband picked up his 15 Vintage from being cam'd and dyno'd yesterday. He came out with 90 and 110. Not bad. He said he can really tell the difference. This is with the Indian high flow breather, DB exhaust and power commander. Question tho...on the way home, the bike stalled 3 times when it was stopped, like it wasn't getting enough gas. Anyone have any issues like that?
Interesting about the stalling. I noticed with the new cams and lope they bring that the idle seems a bit slower. Does your husband know how to load and download maps to the PCV? if he does, he can try and add a bit of fuel in the zero throttle and 500-1000 rpm range and see if that helps. He can also check to see if for some reason the tuner minused fuel in that same range.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Took it back to the dealership today (stalled at least 5 times on the way there) and they said it's getting too much fuel at idle, so next week it's going back to the tuner.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yes. Was advised by my dealership that the brain of the bike is relearning the way your husband rides and uses the power band. It's not unusual to have this happen on start up for the first 50 or so miles.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well, since we paid a good chunk of change to get it done right, I think they should do it!
Oh no doubt they should, but I didn't realize you just rode on the weekends, was just offering you a quicker solution to get you riding again, my bad though, good luck, hope they get it fixed for you.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Oh no doubt they should, but I didn't realize you just rode on the weekends, was just offering you a quicker solution to get you riding again, my bad though, good luck, hope they get it fixed for you.
Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it! The dealership had the bike for 5 WEEKS after telling my husband they'd only have it for four days, missed some good Spring riding weather. He rides daily when the weather allows. Then we finally get it back and there's issues...so....I'm sure they'll get it fixed, they always come though for us.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a 15 vintage with stage 1 exhaust and intake with 6 shooter tips. stage 2 cams with pc5. got a dyno today and they got me to 87 HP with 114 torque. I am extremely happy with these results and am curious what others have achieved with this set up, I still got 47 mpg on a freeway ride the other day. usually around town its about 42.
See post 111" dyno & product testing by Fuel Moto

·
Registered
757 Posts

I have a Thunder AC, Lloydz mufflers, Stage 2 cams with flash and I got
95.9 hp and 120 lbs torque on the dyno run in Daytona when Coastal Indian installed the cams.
Note-The air fuel mixture number on the chart is a default number since they didn't test for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yes. Was advised by my dealership that the brain of the bike is relearning the way your husband rides and uses the power band. It's not unusual to have this happen on start up for the first 50 or so miles.
lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I got f_&%ed on my tune. I have the freedom true dual fishtails, A/C, stage 2 cams, PCV, 60 mm throttle body and a quick shifter (not that it makes any power) and still was dynoed at 75 hp and around 105 torque. The mobile dyno guy at Myrtle Beach bike week guaranteed me at least 85 hp but I couldn't see spending $300 on a bike that I might trade in in the fall. My buddy with a 103 street glide roasts me every time and it pisses me off.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well I got f_&%ed on my tune. I have the freedom true dual fishtails, A/C, stage 2 cams, PCV, 60 mm throttle body and a quick shifter (not that it makes any power) and still was dynoed at 75 hp and around 105 torque. The mobile dyno guy at Myrtle Beach bike week guaranteed me at least 85 hp but I couldn't see spending $300 on a bike that I might trade in in the fall. My buddy with a 103 street glide roasts me every time and it pisses me off.
Get a hidden Nitrous system, nothing insane, just a 25-Hit. You'll feel much better after you put him behind you. Small hits don't hurt your engine, and as long as you get one that foggy at the intake, not directly injected into the heads, you can remove it when you want. Personally I'd leave it, for when ya get the itch...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got 89 and 114. Pretty happy with my 16 Chieftain.

Indian Dyno TS111withcams-2.JPEG

1 - 20 of 28 Posts