Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I got myself a Scout Bobber 2sh months ago. Love the bike, but I want something bigger. Bobber is a blast, but it isn't the ideal bike for touring and I really don't want to spend thousands of dollars setting it up for touring.

I've been drooling over the Vintage Dark Horse (which is basically the Chief Dark Horse with saddlebags and air suspension) and Springfield, but I can't decide. Help me make a choice.

Springfield costs basically $4k CAD more and for that it has the bigger 116 engine, a few small goodies ( passenger pegs, 2-up seat, analog fuel gauge, tire pressure monitor) and lockable hard saddlebags. That really doesn't feel like $4k to me, esp. considering how capable the 111 engine is and how Vintage Dark Horse are instantly removable.

Is there anything about these bikes that I missed that I should know? Am I better off going for the Vintage Dark Horse and using the saved money for upgrades?

Here's the comparison between the two.

Thanks ya'all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I THINK YOU WROTE THIS POST ON MY BEHALF! LOL. I have a 2016 Scout I bought 3 months ago. I've put a lot into it including Performance Air Filter and Slip Ons (Stage 1) and custom bags from Leatherworks. I love it and will likely keep it, but I am already wanting a bigger bike. I love both the Springfield and Vintage Dark Horse, but am thinking Iike the Vintage a little more. Price, leather bags vs. hard, tank decal, overall look. Hoping someone with knowledge of the two can give me more to think about, because right now the Vintage is winning out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've decided to go for the Vintage DH.

If I had the Scout (not Bobber), I might have stuck with it. But with the Bobber I'll need to spend a ton more to make it work. The dealer is offering me a very good trade-in value plus I can sell all my aftermarket parts that the bike came with to more than breakeven.

I can get a passenger pillion plus a few other goodies and still come out ahead.

·
Rider
356 Posts
Springfield! The ride and the way the bike handles is awesome. I had a 2014 Chieftain and love it but when I road the 2019 Springfield it was night and day difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts