Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Vintage comes with an alarm. Problem is, dealer doesn't tell us that (at least not me). An issue is that there are no buttons on the back of the key fob to push to activate....we have to just push on the back of the fob until it works.

I just found out we can order part # 2207317 K FOB HOUSING 2 BTN, from the dealer. This is the outer key fob housing for a Springfield/Roadmaster, that has buttons on it that will activate the alarm. Best part is that it's only $16.00 from Indian! The inner fob control board is suppose to come right out of old fob, and easily go right into new fob casing.

No more pushing on hard plastic to turn on the alarm!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, enough.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked the part number on Indian parts and accessories. Does not exist. Did not try dealer.
I did find it on Indian Parts Nation and placed an order:
I called my dearler and ordered this over the phone. Got it 4 days later. I'm not sure why you can't find it....I just double checked the part number I wrote, and it is correct

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a 2014, is there anything special that needs to be programmed on the bike or if you get the new fob it just works? I guess I can take the fob cover off and push the button to see if it does anything.

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
I have a 2014, is there anything special that needs to be programmed on the bike or if you get the new fob it just works? I guess I can take the fob cover off and push the button to see if it does anything.
This feature got activated on my 2014 Classic with one of the new factory flashes ... in 2016 I think.

Nothing special needs to be done to your bike.

And yes ... if you take the board out of the housing and connect the battery you should be able to find and press the lill microswitch on the back .. for the alarm you need to press twice ... your bikes horn will confirm activation.p

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Checked the part number on Indian parts and accessories. Does not exist. Did not try dealer.
I did find it on Indian Parts Nation and placed an order:
You must have put in the wrong number, OR, there was a run on purchases and Indian is sold out for now. I found and ordered my part 2 weeks ago and received the new FOB case last week.

·
Rider
943 Posts
if you take the board out of the housing and connect the battery you should be able to find and press the lill microswitch on the back .. for the alarm you need to press twice ... your bikes horn will confirm activation
Press 1/2" under the LED on the back of the FOB and you can activate the alarm without removing the board. Or as previous post sites buy the back of the fob.

·
Registered
2021 Chief Vintage
533 Posts
Every Vintage comes with an alarm. Problem is, dealer doesn't tell us that (at least not me). An issue is that there are no buttons on the back of the key fob to push to activate....we have to just push on the back of the fob until it works.

I just found out we can order part # 2207317 K FOB HOUSING 2 BTN, from the dealer. This is the outer key fob housing for a Springfield/Roadmaster, that has buttons on it that will activate the alarm. Best part is that it's only $16.00 from Indian! The inner fob control board is suppose to come right out of old fob, and easily go right into new fob casing.

No more pushing on hard plastic to turn on the alarm!
I order that part using that number but got the housing no buttons same housing as the stock one the came with the bike

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
960 Posts
I purchased mine on Amazon a few years ago for $20, it works great though I rarely have a need for it. It doesn't come with the Indian Script, that's a few dollars more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts