Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the softer "leather bags." The Saddlemans I have on my Sportster have never had an issue in 9 years, and no leaks.

So I've been scouring this forum and the rest of the internet for generous bags that will fit a Scout with a Bassini Road Rage 2 into 1 exhaust. Of course that means none of the scout searches work because they turn up tiny bags that work with the dual exhausts. But after hours, I think I have come upon the best non-hard bag for my scoot.

Ultimate Shape Plain Motorcycle Saddlebags

I did find this thread on another forum.
https://www.thevog.net/threads/i-put-some-viking-bags-on-my-new-8-ball-with-easy-brackets.11571/

Has anyone successfully put the Viking Ultimate Plain on a Scout with Easy Brackets?

Thanks all!

Reactions: JayHolt

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I like the softer "leather bags." The Saddlemans I have on my Sportster have never had an issue in 9 years, and no leaks.

So I've been scouring this forum and the rest of the internet for generous bags that will fit a Scout with a Bassini Road Rage 2 into 1 exhaust. Of course that means none of the scout searches work because they turn up tiny bags that work with the dual exhausts. But after hours, I think I have come upon the best non-hard bag for my scoot.

Ultimate Shape Plain Motorcycle Saddlebags

I did find this thread on another forum.
https://www.thevog.net/threads/i-put-some-viking-bags-on-my-new-8-ball-with-easy-brackets.11571/

Has anyone successfully put the Viking Ultimate Plain on a Scout with Easy Brackets?

Thanks all!
Did you look at Osprey bags? I have the Chieftain-sized bags but made for my Scout. I bought IndianAfterMarket.com's Scout rack, and also bought EasyBracket's Excelsior-Henderson Super X brackets. I modified the rear holes of the Scout rack to move it rearward 1/8" inch so the EasyBrackets would fit. I then tapped the EasyBrackets spools to the same thread as the Scout rack pass-through threaded rod. What's left to do is cut & modify the stainless steel tube (0.75 OD, 0.43 ID, 0.156 wall) I bought from OnlineMetals so it a.) takes the place of the plastic spacers in the rack, and b.) has tabs that keep the rear rod in the rack pushed rearward the 1/8 inch.

The end result will be Chieftain sized bags mounted such that it won't look cobbled together, and I can pop them off while traveling.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you are on your way. Osprey isn't my cup of java, but choices are what makes this adventure so much fun. Thank you!

My Easy Brackets are on the way. Hope to order bags today.

Take care!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Viking saddlebags are pure BULLSHIT.

There are far better panniers for just a bit more.
Do tell. Which bags, what prices?

·
Bronze member
1,919 Posts
Do tell. Which bags, what prices?
Leatherworks has a wide variety of "real leather" saddlebags in a wide choice of styles, choices, and sizes. They are all customizable with your choice of color, embossed patterns, ponchos and fringe (if that's your thing).
They work great with Easy Brackets.
Quite a few forum members here have had a less then stellar experience with the Viking mounts and from personal experience, I'd never recommend their saddlebags. But then again you may be satisfied with mediocre products.
Good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leatherworks has a wide variety of "real leather" saddlebags in a wide choice of styles, choices, and sizes. They are all customizable with your choice of color, embossed patterns, ponchos and fringe (if that's your thing).
They work great with Easy Brackets.
Quite a few forum members here have had a less then stellar experience with the Viking mounts and from personal experience, I'd never recommend their saddlebags. But then again you may be satisfied with mediocre products.
Good luck
No need to be an asshole to get your point across. I will checkout Leatherworks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Bronze member
1,919 Posts
No need to be an asshole to get your point across. I will checkout Leatherworks.
You don't need to start calling anyone "ASSHOLE" on this forum anytime.

Just sharing experience and offering advise.

If that is offensive, then you might be on the wrong forum.

If your choices were bad, then share that so others may avoid the mistakes that you have made.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I bought US Saddlebags for my Scout.
Very well made. Quick,reliable mounting. Good looks. I'm happy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts