Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
Good luck with those mounts.
I don't care for Viking bags, but the mounts are a disaster just waiting to happen!
A lot of people (myself included) use Easy-Brackets because they simply work.
They include all the high quality hardware for a particular model and the easy on/off locking feature works as advertised.

Those Easy-Brackets will work with just about any good quality soft (leather) saddlebags, so if your Vikings fail, you could replace them and still have a good set of pannier mounts.

JMHO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with those mounts.
I don't care for Viking bags, but the mounts are a disaster just waiting to happen!
A lot of people (myself included) use Easy-Brackets because they simply work.
They include all the high quality hardware for a particular model and the easy on/off locking feature works as advertised.

Those Easy-Brackets will work with just about any good quality soft (leather) saddlebags, so if your Vikings fail, you could replace them and still have a good set of pannier mounts.

JMHO
Yea, EZ Brackets are great - might get some in the future. I wasn't in the mood to unpack my bench grinder (we just moved) to modify the bobbins though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It looks good, I have the same pair without the studs but they got lost in transit. Then they no longer shipped to Canada. I then purchased bags from Italy and are on my bike. Then my viking bags arrived. So I have a brand new set of bags in a box if Viking doesn't take them back they will be going up for sale.

·
Rider
756 Posts
Got the viking bags installed using their hardware. Bolts were sae - scout is metric M8 x1.25 so had to go get some from store. Took a little shimmy and jigglin' before deciding where to drill but turned out ok. Will see how long they last. View attachment 585673
Classy black scout,, bags look nice on there, fairing looks great, best one I’ve seen. Very cool and I like it a lot. Good job

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got the viking bags installed using their hardware. Bolts were sae - scout is metric M8 x1.25 so had to go get some from store. Took a little shimmy and jigglin' before deciding where to drill but turned out ok. Will see how long they last. View attachment 585673
I've had mine on since last July with no issues. I don't carry much weight and mine are the Viking Medium Slant so I think the hardware will hold up fine. I just picked up the medium tail and medium tank bags. Hoping to take a tip into the mountains later this summer or in the fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts