Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_20190419_170653197.jpg IMG_20190419_171717014_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20190420_171222561.jpg okay well Im just back 2nd trip in 4 months and I bought 2 brand new Honda Air Glides [email protected] $2500 each in Hanoi, one of the dealers worked with us with reducing price, one did not budge Yes there is a Harley Davidson and Triumph dealership nearby but maybe out pricing themselves. There was no waiting a couple days for the bikes. Finance charge was little high for using credit cards but still one deal was superb, At both locations , as soon as I paid, they got a mechanic on them and within 40 minutes they were on the road,That was both bikes the same model out the door, There is no trade in over there.Just private sale or keep it for a younger relative, Free helmet as well, Stingy on the gas ,1/2 water bottle full, Really cool.I got to ride in Hanoi on my friends old bike. probably the best purchase one can make. Will be heading back end of summer hopefully for a few weeks,Then a week at year end. Well at least I know my friends will be safe.90 degrees is no fun tring to problem solve a load dirty fixes, The registration paper work takes a week to come through. Suppose to not ride until that arrives, Fair enough. It was good fun and an education for me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup bought a third as well. Automatic nice low idle for intense town travel.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for sharing and after you get done with journey through Vietnam are you going sell in Vietnam or import them home ?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing and after you get done with journey through Vietnam are you going sell in Vietnam or import them home ?
No they are gifts to my family. We explore the eastern off grid Vietnam and Chinese border next on third visit this year seeing many waterfalls and lake and jungle and historical settlements. Also visit some of the Tonkin Gulf era French battlefield Son Toy citadel, NW of Hanoi on the Red River. Then also hoping to reach Dien Bien Phu old French air base museum is a stretch. I am doing my best with learning basic survival Vietnamese language. Indeed i am comfortable riding in Hanoi , but Ho Chi Minh City looks like a massive traffic challenge. I am hoping to travel there to rife with sidecar friends there too, Eventually I split my residency between Hanoi and Calif.,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts