Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to the Indian Motorcycle dealer south east Ho Chi Minh City . im visiting the city then onto the Ancient city of Hue and Hanoi early December . Any travel tips etc,

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
There is one in the Nam?

·
Bronze member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sir, will see it for myself in December. Its south east of Saigon.Ho Chi Minh City.

Reactions: Ratfish and VicTim

·
Founding member
1,486 Posts
Roads must be wider and less congested than they used to be. Can't feature guiding a Roadmaster down the streets of Saigon.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I wrote the dealership ( Messenger) to see if I could buy a shirt

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Hank if you are a Vietnam vet let the people know. I would like to know if my village is still there. You probably won’t get even close to it

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Have thought about going myself, but that country has a lot of unpleasant memories for me. I have heard that there is a measure of healing when going there.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Not yet
A number of CAP Marines have gone back and found their villages and areas they patrolled in.

·
Bronze member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Capmarine. Briefly , we served in different Coalition deployments Iraq or Afghanistan, other ops. The other 3 guys were same team, technical combatants . Trip is sort of a retirement party for last one of them serving in the Guard etc.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
You guys were Army?
When and if I hear from them I will let you know. Would be neat to have a T!!!
Great you guys served!!! I was hit and retired from the Corps,100% vet now.hope you all came thru ok.

·
Founding member
787 Posts
When you go to Hue go by the Dong Ba Tower, we're the one's (D/1/5) that took it back from the gooks. Hue wasn't very pretty when I left. I'm also 100% P&T.

Reactions: hankharmony

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I knew a Marine, H 2/5, Con Thien and Hue City Battle

·
Founding member
787 Posts
Yep, some of our brothers are still around. One of my good friends was a Cap Marine, saw him last night at a CVMA get together. His name is Pader, rides a Harley trike.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I’m with 10-1, Oklahoma (city area)

·
Founding member
787 Posts
I'm the x-Commander and now the XO of 20-8, SW Florida (Tampa Bay to Naples).

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
How is it with the Warlocks in FL?

·
Bronze member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You guys were Army?
When and if I hear from them I will let you know. Would be neat to have a T!!!
Great you guys served!!! I was hit and retired from the Corps,100% vet now.hope you all came thru ok.
I was amphib too , the other 3 arty. I work with the major who retired last year, the Lt Col is retiring and warrant officer retired. Will check out the tower on the tour(yer squad did good job at Hue btw). not got clearance visas yet etc but soon Waiting game etc.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts