Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During Daytona Bike Week, I had the pleasure of meeting Enzo, the Owner of Indian Motorcycle of Daytona Beach. This Dealership has just signed on to take on the Victory lineup and is working on his new dedicated Victory showroom.

Understanding the many Victory owners may not be familiar with the various models in the Indian lineup, I'm hoping this video will act as a Beginner's Guide to Indian Motorcycles and document the carry over models that are ushering in the ownership of Polaris.

[video]2142[/video]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Beautiful Motorcycles! I would love to have one but just couldn't come off that kind of cash! Maybe they will get the price points down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm patiently waiting to see what Polaris has in store for Indian.
Nice informative video too. You sure got around Daytona Bike Week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6239 said:
I'm patiently waiting to see what Polaris has in store for Indian.
Nice informative video too. You sure got around Daytona Bike Week.
DSJR is a great navigator. There's no way I could have made to to all the areas without his help!

More Daytona videos to come!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5411 said:
Beautiful Motorcycles! I would love to have one but just couldn't come off that kind of cash! Maybe they will get the price points down.
They really arent that bad. I am going to test ride the red one shown at 8:19 and it is only $23,000.00. It is a left over but who cares, there are no changes.

Now I have to ask, who's dumb idea was it to put a black powerlet in the center of that beautiful green paint job?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 said:
DSJR is a great navigator. There's no way I could have made to to all the areas without his help!
More Daytona videos to come!
So that's how you become executive producer! You just have to do dual function as a GPS...lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
9214 said:
So that's how you become executive producer! You just have to do dual function as a GPS...lol
Or your name has to be Kim and you wash bikes in a bikini when you're not in nursing school!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 said:
Or your name has to be Kim and you wash bikes in a bikini when you're not in nursing school!
Strange, they are all in nursing school? :) Sounds like the girls I meet in certain clubs :oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice interview Andy. Very pretty bikes. I sincerely hope that Polaris can bring the storied Indian marque out of the niche market doldrums. I think you led with a very good point: the bikes really need to be more accessible. Hopefully Polaris, with modern manufacturing, can bring down the cost of production, yet maintain that Indian style and cachet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2Reasons to be Excited

1 is great news of having another Victory Dealer in Central Fl. 2 is when my lotto ticket hits I won't have to go far to buy an Indian. There is definitely something special about the Indian brand for anyone that has been around motorcycles a long time. By the way the National Motorcycle Museum is raffling off a new Indian. I purchased a ticket at bike week for $5.00. I believe polaris will revive Indian and once again put in on the map.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are S&S motors or is Vic taking over the Motor building?

Really pretty bikes! Good job Andy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The British private equity firm that most recently owned Indian, based in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, used an updated version of a proprietary 105 cu. in. V-twin originally developed under the prior owner before them, called the Power Plus. If you are a fan of 'American Chopper,' Paul Teutul, Jr. has a contract with Indian to supply him with this engine for his builds. (Wonder if that will change under Polaris?). Wikipedia has a succinct article under Indian Motorcycles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great video Andy

I got to tire kick at Daytona speedway first time seeing the track in person.

The Indian teepee was right next to the Victory tent,go figure.

The bikes are beautiful but the sticker price stings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2009 said:
They are S&S motors or is Vic taking over the Motor building?

Really pretty bikes! Good job Andy.
All pure guesses at this point, but I just don't see Polaris farming out any more than they absolutely have to. As an example, those Brembo brakes I bet will be replaced with 'in-house' brakes with an INDIAN cover plate on them.

I hope this acquisition teaches Polaris how to paint bikes the right way!

BTW, Great video Andy!...as usual.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Indian Motor is not an S&S those were the Kit bikes out of Alb New Mexico

Polaris helped redesign the bottle cap motor from the original a few years back

For the company they ended up buying the brand from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, I disagree with this dealer being given a Victory dealership. They are no more than 10 miles from an existing dealership that has been one of the top producing dealers in the SE region for a number of quarters. While I agree with competition there isn't enough volume in Victory sales to cannibalize a market as small as the Daytona Beach metro area with 2 dealers.

Hell, Honda can't even support 2 dealers in this market, why would you make it so NEITHER dealer could generate enough business to keep the doors open. :thumbdown:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2610 said:
Actually, I disagree with this dealer being given a Victory dealership. They are no more than 10 miles from an existing dealership that has been one of the top producing dealers in the SE region for a number of quarters. While I agree with competition there isn't enough volume in Victory sales to cannibalize a market as small as the Daytona Beach metro area with 2 dealers.

Hell, Honda can't even support 2 dealers in this market, why would you make it so NEITHER dealer could generate enough business to keep the doors open. :thumbdown:
Valid post Mark. The part of the video that caught my eye was the fact that they will have a completely separate building and store for the Victory brand. The financial math just doesn't add up....on either dealer at this point. Land and buildings must be real cheap in those parts.

The only way a relationship between a manufacturer and a dealer can work is if it is a mutually beneficial partnership, and while I respect their desire to 'grow', I do not see that Victory is living up to their end of the bargain with Volusia.

In my world on the manufacturing side, if I did this to one of my distribution partners there would be World War 3....and sometimes these things don't come back to bite a manufacturer in the a$$ until 3-4 years later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1522 said:
Valid post Mark. The part of the video that caught my eye was the fact that they will have a completely separate building and store for the Victory brand. The financial math just doesn't add up....on either dealer at this point. Land and buildings must be real cheap in those parts.
The only way a relationship between a manufacturer and a dealer can work is if it is a mutually beneficial partnership, and while I respect their desire to 'grow', I do not see that Victory is living up to their end of the bargain with Volusia.
In my world on the manufacturing side, if I did this to one of my distribution partners there would be World War 3....and sometimes these things don't come back to bite a manufacturer in the a$$ until 3-4 years later.
To clarify, they are not two seperate buildings. Just two addresses. Currenty there is the Indian dealer, the service area then a custom bike shop all in a row. From my conversation the Victory shop is going to share the custom bike shop. Then they are going to build a hallway connecting the two shops. So they will be under one roof but seperated by a wall.

Also, I dont like the idea of two shops being this close but a contract is a contract and they are out of the New Smyrna radius from my understanding. I believe they are 12.5 miles away. It really does suck because Volusia Motorsports has worked very hard to get where they are and I dont believe the area is big enough for two dealers.

I really think this has more to do with Victory wanting a dealer near Main Street for the bike events but what they dont understand is that Main Street is a ghost town 48 weeks out of the year and really is a crappy area.

We can only wait and see how this plays out but my guess would be that we will be back to 1 dealer within a year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts