Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your thought on this video?

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/r4bEXmanRVc?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMAO!! Love it!!! I know thats what I would do if I ever ended up with a harley .. no thank you. LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems straight up. No slam on Harley. Just choice. Does give some pretty clear indication of the direction we can expect in terms of styling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw this Video a while back Indian asked for opinions on a few ad ideas they had.

I liked it then and I like it now it .

It shows their compitition in a very respectful way yet gives them a powerful jab.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love it. A good advertisement teaser building up to Sturgis...It clearly shows a different attitude than the Motor Company, which i like the most.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's a very well done advertisement. For one thing, that Harley cleaned up is beautiful. My first thought was, 'Wow, I kinda like that bike'. Which was quickly followed by the realization that the only good reason to sell it was for something better. Very subtle, which I like.
Unlike the ad with the riders jacket that has a new Indian patch covering a bar and shield logo. The implication of being 'patched over' is not subtle or respectful at all. If I was a Harley rider that ad would make me want to stand by my 'club' and resist Indian's attempt to patch me. Bad ad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
16595 said:
The only thing I don't like, is that VICTORY too is an American bike. I've made my choice :)
True, but it's not aimed at riders like you and me. It's aimed squarely at the 'heritage' guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like it a lot as it's one of those commercials that makes you smile...unless you're a Harley-Davidson diehard. But the Management running Harley-Davidson are not idiots and I'm sure they will be updating its lineup to aggressively defend Indian's rebirth and agressive marketing tactics. Unlike Polaris, Harley has only it's bikes and lifestyle products to sell and they have everything at stake in this battle.

No matter how this ends up, the rider will be the winner in this battle as new models from both companies will surely raise the bar in terms of a better selection of heavyweight bikes and offer new choices and competitive prices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did Polaris hire their advertising execs from a past political
campaign.
Just another cheap shot. Polaris needs to get over the HD obsession
and talk about what Indian Is. They are beginning to look like the little
yapping dog at the heels of the big dog. What the non rider pencil pushers that
come up with this divisive advertising need to remember is that in the 40s that
dog wheeled around and bit Indian so hard that it killed the brand and company.
HD dealt that death blow with product service and price not by slamming other manufactures.
Tell me about your bike Polaris. Tell me about your service
and dealer network. Stand up to your warranty claims. The whole shrouded in
mystery here&rsquo;s a peak thing is getting a little old. In short concentrate on
what the New Indian is, not what the other guy isn&rsquo;t.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i subliminally got the impression that there targeting the garage queen guys . that harley sure had'nt been ridden in quite a while and it was a gorgeous bike . ( i know a couple of guys that own hogs and that are 10 to 15 yrs old with 2 and 3 thousand mi's on them ) hey, why not have an indian sitting in there ! heritage and bragging rights,,, should be interesting to see how this plays out.
my guess is the bark will be worse than the bite. on the other hand i also feel that the only way a harley owner can jump ship without loosing face is buy going with indian,,, again, should be interesting !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1317 said:
Did Polaris hire their advertising execs from a past political
campaign.
Just another cheap shot. Polaris needs to get over the HD obsession
and talk about what Indian Is. They are beginning to look like the little
yapping dog at the heels of the big dog. What the non rider pencil pushers that
come up with this divisive advertising need to remember is that in the 40s that
dog wheeled around and bit Indian so hard that it killed the brand and company.
HD dealt that death blow with product service and price not by slamming other manufactures.
Tell me about your bike Polaris. Tell me about your service
and dealer network. Stand up to your warranty claims. The whole shrouded in
mystery here&rsquo;s a peak thing is getting a little old. In short concentrate on
what the New Indian is, not what the other guy isn&rsquo;t.
Indian has to do this type of advertising unless their only strategy is to increase the size of the motorcycle rider market. If that is their only strategy, I don't believe they can be successful. They have to take riders away from HD to be successful, otherwise they aren't going anywhere fast. Indian clearly is going after 'heritage' and the best way to do that is to get current HD owner/riders to switch.

I agree they have to sing the virtues of the new Indian, but IMO they have to to both kinds of adds. And, they have done adds about the positive things about the new Indian. I believe both add types are important.

I liked the add a lot. It was simple, somewhat emotional, and memorable. We are talking about it aren't we?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think showing another company's product in your ad is ever a good thing.

Hits the hey look at me look at me, we're as good as X brand, even if your point is to show you're better. Whether or not something is better is highly subjective at the point of one's perception. Both have 2 wheels, motors, handlebars, both will take you to work, both will take you to the bar, cross country whatever.
Yes you can play the reliability game but sorry, I know a lot of guys with HD's and very few of them ever have problems. I know a lot of guys with Victory's and very few of them ever have problems, but some do.
Sure our bikes make more power. It's great for chest beating but beating a HD stop light to stop light doesn't make the bike any better, just faster.
Yes before everyone gets their panties all bunched up I've been riding Victory since 99. My last 5 bikes have all been Victory. As it sits now my next bike will likely be Victory but could also be an Indian. I'm not bashing either brand.
They both make good bikes we've all at some point been soured on HD because of someone we know, maybe had a bad ownership experience with one etc.
Sorry but companies that only turn out crap just don't survive. While I'll take my Victory any day over HD I wouldn't be ashamed owning one either.

Back to commercial on it's aesthetics, I find it funny since I know so many people with garage queens across all models. Very well executed even though it's a look at me commercial.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sometime we have to step back and not take life so seriously. We all like to jab at each other just for kicks and I think that's all this is about. Well I hope so anyway.
Cool.
Nepper's nickel.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts