Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From The Factory:

<span>Watch as history is made when the next generation of Indian&reg; motorcycles is revealed at the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum in Sturgis, South Dakota. See the all-new Chief&reg; Classic&reg;, Chief&reg; Vintage&reg;, and Chieftain&reg; with comments by Mike Wolfe, American picker.</span>

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nicrmr_PXkA?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess the bar has being risen somewhat after this re-birth of the Indian Motorcycle Company, beware of the beast
SANS PEUR
Without Fear and Without Reproach
Regards

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, wish I was there. Will see them Wednesday at least.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was a great presentation! The crowd was really big.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great presentation and I didn't know a trumpet could sound as fine as that during the national anthem. Overal nicely done, Polaris are getting good at this sort of thing. Advertising and promoting a brand was always a great strength of Harley, now they have a competitor in that as well as the bikes.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As much as we've picked on Victory Marketing in the past, I'll be the first to admit they handled the Indian launch very well. Let's just hope they bring some of that marketing magic over to the Victory side.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy,

Awesome. Thanks for posting this up. The presentation was great and the bikes looked great. Man that trumpet player was something else. I got goosebumps listening to him.

I'll going on a demo ride Aug 16th, weather and God pemitting. I can see myself on one but will have to have some magic happen financially.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am really botherd by the constant phrase 'choice has returned to american motorcycles'
choice returned 15 years ago with victory

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10436 said:
I am really botherd by the constant phrase 'choice has returned to american motorcycles'
Yes, I agree they screwed that part up and we should be justifiably upset at the slight. They really should applogize but I'm not holding my breath.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10436 said:
Hits me wrong also. Completely ignores that thousands of us made the choice in American Motorcycles already. Only misstep they made in the whole process, but it would be funny if this leads up to commercials that show both Indian and Victory that says, ' It's a win, win either way you choose.'

How about, 'Real Heritage has returned to your choice in American Motorcycles.'

Kg

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10436 said:
2610 said:
Yes, I agree they screwed that part up and we should be justifiably upset at the slight. They really should applogize but I'm not holding my breath.
Here's a question:

With the AVR coming up, how are the Victory/Polaris Brass going to explain the dissing of Victory to the attendees?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2827 said:
Here's a question:

With the AVR coming up, how are the Victory/Polaris Brass going to explain the dissing of Victory to the attendees?
They're not going to explain it as a negative. They may not even explain it at all. Their overall strategy will start to make more sense as we see it roll out. They're going to expect Victory owners to understand the importance of the Indian launch and how important the combined strength of the two companies is to Victory. I love Victory MCs... but Victory owners should stop being so sensitive. This is all about business. This new launch has been incredible.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did the sexy models go?? Is that only a VIC thing? Indian's aren't sexy enough?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really love the video Andy, thank you or posting it. The entire presentation was spot on with the exception of their slogan. It really should have been 'Another choice is coming'. I understand business just fine. But I just don't see the reasoning behind ignoring all the Victory owners and fans.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
10436 said:

I am also bothered by this phrase. They have three very similiar models for cyring out loud. They are absolutley beautiful machines but three models in the line-up isn't a lot of choice compared to Victory or HD. They have definately hit a home run with the three models they have to offer but they have a long way to go; and i am sure there is a lot to come. Keep up the good work but don't forget what Polaris already has. VICTORY

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
12131 said:
I am also bothered by this phrase. They have three very similiar models for cyring out loud. They are absolutley beautiful machines but three models in the line-up isn't a lot of choice compared to Victory or HD. They have definately hit a home run with the three models they have to offer but they have a long way to go; and i am sure there is a lot to come. Keep up the good work but don't forget what Polaris already has. VICTORY
They only have three models? Come on guys. It was only a few days and weeks ago many on here were wondering out loud and almost condeming in advance that if they only introduced one bike it would be a disaster. This is all marketing... and they've done a suberb job IMO.

A Hunch: What we, the public, don't know right now is that they probably moved almost their entire engineering staff to Indian, if not the entire staff. They have focused 100% on the new Indian bikes. They have probably not done any new, or much new, development at Victory... AS A STRATEGY. I bet they have one or two more Indian models close behind the three... something like the Scout. The launch of the three new bikes has 'freed' up engineering resources to work on new Victory bikes and upgrades. As a matter of strategy they didn't want new Victory bikes competing with the new Indian Cheifs RIGHT NOW. This is Indian's day. And as a matter of practical physics, they probably didn't have the engineering staff to do it even if they had wanted to. But, IMO it would have been dumb business strategy for Polaris to compete new Victory bikes with the new Indians RIGHT NOW.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
11482 said:
They have probably not done any new, or much new, development at Victory. As a matter of strategy they didn't want new Victory bikes competing with the new Indian Cheifs RIGHT NOW. This is Indian's day.
This is only part of his post and i agree with this part very much you don't want to outshine the bride on her wedding day. the marketing the whole reveal was excellent even if they were preaching to the choir. And i dont recall any post mentioning a hard bagger with fairing so they kept it well under wraps

i see victory as an american made metric as far as style and performance, and indian as an alternative to Harley there is room for both but some people think victory is not american made and the slogan reinforces that perception.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As much as Indian is to some and I like them it was not my choice as I could have bought an Indian and my Victory dealer offered to get me one if I wanted to change my mind on buying the CCT. I went with Victory as for now it serves my purpose some day down the road maybe but I also have my KP to drive when I want to, so best of both worlds
Regards

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They went from a drawing on paper to building these incredible machines in two years give or take a few months and that's a hell of an accomplishment in my book. If i had the finances it would be a tough choice for me between a vintage or a cross roads classic.
But hey i got my power ball ticket for tomorrow!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just curious, does the Indian have SAE or metric fasteners and hardware?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts