Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Victory oil filters are the same as what goes on the 111 Indians? Dean E

·
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been researching this issue. If you check the reference for Amsoil both the 2014 Victory and Indian filters use the EaOM103 oil filter. If you go to the Wix site and check both, the Victory uses the 51356 and Indian uses the 51358 filter. When you put the spec sheets of both next to each other the only difference is that the 51356 is about 5/8th of an inch longer. Threads are the same, beta ratio, threads, micron rating, diameter and gasket measurements are all the same. Both are anti drain back designs. The 51356 Victory filter has a higher burst rating (363 psi) the 51358 is only 265 psi. Also, flow rating of the Victory is slightly better (probably due to the taller filter) 9 to 11 GPM the Indian is 8 to 10 GPM. The Victory is a better filter just as long as the 5/8ths longer length does not pose a clearance issue. Go to the WIX website and see for yourself. The numbers don't lie. Dean E

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fram PH6017A, Fram PH7317, WIX 51358, K&N KN-148 all match up with the Indian 2521421 on the cross reference guide.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Interesting, I think the bigger filter would be the way to go. Back in the day, we would run larger filters on chevy small blocks in our work trucks. They listed both for the same vehicle. The Indian filter is awfully small considering it's got 5.5 qts to take care of and it's got clutch material to deal with too.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
I did a little more research and found the Wix 31356 XP is an upgrade to the non XP model. It uses synthetic filter medium and has greater filtering efficiency. It also is designed for use with synthetics for those who are possibly intrested in extended drain intervals. The Pure One filters also are rated highly, but only come in yellow. There is alot of info on filter construction and efficiency including micron ratings. Personally I'm leaning twords Amsoil 20/40 synthetic with the Wix 31356 XP filter.

·
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a little more research and found the Wix 31356 XP is an upgrade to the non XP model. It uses synthetic filter medium and has greater filtering efficiency. It also is designed for use with synthetics for those who are possibly intrested in extended drain intervals. The Pure One filters also are rated highly, but only come in yellow. There is alot of info on filter construction and efficiency including micron ratings. Personally I'm leaning twords Amsoil 20/40 synthetic with the Wix 31356 XP filter.
Is that the 31356 or a 51356? D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts