Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, just wondering if anyone has put a Vic Octane rear fender on a Scout. I know the sub-frames are different but from what I found online the mounting holes are 11" center to center. I love the Bobber look but not so much the road grime that get's sprayed up so I'm thinking the Octane fender is the "in between" a Scout fender and Bobber fender. I also found out the turn signal bracket aren't interchangeable, but it really isn't too expensive to grab one of those either. I'm also wondering if the Octane taillight would be plug and play with the Scout. I thought about chopping the Scout fender a bit but don't want to lose the taillight and have to do extra work around that. Maybe trimming off the sides and putting on some fender struts might do it too...who knows just looking at options.

Any insight from those mechanically inclined would be great lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've tried it once. Unfortunately, there is a difference between the two holes and the thread size.

The first series had 8mm and was shorter and the second series had 6mm and was longer. But no one has the same distance as the Scout

If you have the possibility for metal work:
  • Chosse one Version
  • Cut a long hole there
  • Make an Adapter with M8, that nobody can see the long hole
  • Fix it with the Adapter

·
Registered
267 Posts
As the title suggests, just wondering if anyone has put a Vic Octane rear fender on a Scout. I know the sub-frames are different but from what I found online the mounting holes are 11" center to center. I love the Bobber look but not so much the road grime that get's sprayed up so I'm thinking the Octane fender is the "in between" a Scout fender and Bobber fender. I also found out the turn signal bracket aren't interchangeable, but it really isn't too expensive to grab one of those either. I'm also wondering if the Octane taillight would be plug and play with the Scout. I thought about chopping the Scout fender a bit but don't want to lose the taillight and have to do extra work around that. Maybe trimming off the sides and putting on some fender struts might do it too...who knows just looking at options.

Any insight from those mechanically inclined would be great lol.

View attachment 582799 View attachment 582801
I'm wondering if a mud flap might be the answer. If you make (or buy) one that extended two or three finger widths (using that measurement so the whole inches/centimeter thing is out of the picture) it might deflect the spray enough to keep it minimal.

Captain Itch uses Velcro tape and a snap or two to hold on the front mudflap I have. I double secured it with Gorilla Tape.

Might be worth a try. It wouldn't detract from the aesthetics much either.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate hearing from someone who’s tried it 😊. Mud flap does sound interesting...I’ve seen on the front fender, I wonder if anyone has made a removable mud flap for the Bobber. Something that can be put on in rainy weather but removed for when it’s nice out. I’m in Canada so we have the extra bracket for the license plate holder that comes off the Bobber...wonder if something could fit there.

Might all be a pipe dream, but I figure that’s half the fun lol trying to figure out how to make something “mine” :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate hearing from someone who’s tried it 😊. Mud flap does sound interesting...I’ve seen on the front fender, I wonder if anyone has made a removable mud flap for the Bobber. Something that can be put on in rainy weather but removed for when it’s nice out. I’m in Canada so we have the extra bracket for the license plate holder that comes off the Bobber...wonder if something could fit there.

Might all be a pipe dream, but I figure that’s half the fun lol trying to figure out how to make something “mine” :) View attachment 582829
Looking at that, I think more convinced that a Captain Itch mud flap would work. It has very strong Velcro and two snaps on it. It NOT made to take on and off but the width of your rear fender would allow you to get it in further and leave only a few fingers worth sticking out. I think it would deflect enough of rain, etc to make a noticeable improvement.

Check it out :

Captain Itch flap website with pictures and price.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, thanks...I’ll give it a look. I also found a license plate frame that might work, I’d have to figure out how to light up the plate and how to attach my license plate to it...of course being in BC, Canada the plates are 5x8 as opposed to 4x7 lol. Just ordering the bracket for this unit and finding a Canadian specific frame with aftermarket light to put somewhere in there might be do-able :)

Thanks for help me trouble shoot!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Awesome, thanks...I’ll give it a look. I also found a license plate frame that might work, I’d have to figure out how to light up the plate and how to attach my license plate to it...of course being in BC, Canada the plates are 5x8 as opposed to 4x7 lol. Just ordering the bracket for this unit and finding a Canadian specific frame with aftermarket light to put somewhere in there might be do-able :)

Thanks for help me trouble shoot!! View attachment 582851
Using your license plate as a mud flap???

BRILLIANT!!!

;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts