Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a ton of Octane parts for sale cheap on leaders RPM. I think a lot of parts are interchangeable. I have octane reduced reach bars on my bike because I wanted black and they fit just fine. Here's an example of what I saw on the website: Victory New OEM Stage 2 Performance 2-Into-1 Exhuast, Black/Chrome, 2881890-266

Tempting to try and go to black pipes and instead chrome....but there's still the risk they may not fit.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I think there is a problem with the Octane pipes hitting up against the Scout footpeg mounts. Or perhaps its the passenger footpeg mounts. It would be worth checking that before committing. There was discussion about it on the forum quite a long while ago and only a fragment is left in my poor old brain.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think there is a problem with the Octane pipes hitting up against the Scout footpeg mounts. Or perhaps its the passenger footpeg mounts. It would be worth checking that before committing. There was discussion about it on the forum quite a long while ago and only a fragment is left in my poor old brain.
if i recall correctly the pipe for the front cylinder actually hit the arm for the rear brakes

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
There is an Octane at my dealer and I cycle past it a few times each week. I should drop in and get some photos of the pipe run. I liked the look of the Octane and might have been persuaded in that direction instead of buying a Scout back in 2016 - I think it was released here in Australia very soon after I bought the Scout. They are a very rare sighting in my area.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I knew the octane exhausted before I got my scout as well. I think they’re a better machine in general. Better size tires. More powerful by a little. Better tuned and don’t use the same odd oil type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts