Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Polaris has said that no more new Vic's- what do you expect the rebate on a new machine would be (if any). I would definitely consider a High Ball for a second city bike. I've seen some say 50% off the MRSP but I find that hard to believe. If it was that much of a discount I would buy one today

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
My guess is they will start out with 10% discounts and increase the discount as time passes and they are stuck with a few bikes. The Victory is a good value at the normal price. Unfortunately for me I have no choice but Indian. They are too beautiful to me to settle for less.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Now that Polaris has said that no more new Vic's- what do you expect the rebate on a new machine would be (if any). I would definitely consider a High Ball for a second city bike. I've seen some say 50% off the MRSP but I find that hard to believe. If it was that much of a discount I would buy one today
Get whatever those people are smoking that believe 50% off is happening. Get a LOT of it. Then get something for believing that horses&#t

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I don't see most dealerships dropping the price below what they would have before the announcement.

Parts and service still available for ten years. For time being it's a better buy then the one off customs costing much more.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
there will be discounts but small at first, prolly more as time goes on! i was hoping for a future Octane S but brand matters not, they can hot rod the Scout, 17" wheels USD forks with dual discs + another 25 to 50 HP will sell a few bikes!!! all were disappointed with the Octane after teasing a very sporty version used in the climb, but getting a very watered down bike instead. a good price for what it is but a manufacturer can upgrade for lots less than the buyer as their parts cost much less + it already being installed with no unwanted leftover OE junk few want!!

·
Silver member
3,557 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have never seen a new Victory on Craigslist until Monday. Now there's two pages of them. Gotta wade through the Vic's to look for Springfield's and Vintages.

·
Bronze member
1,685 Posts
They 50% off only applies to the Empulse at this point. Most of the dealers are pricing them anywhere from $1K to 2K off so I imagine the ones showing the huge prices are deciding to lose all of their margin and pricing with all possible rebates, military discounts, etc.

Kind of an interesting plan for a dealer to take a loss at this point when PII is only covering some of their markdown. I am seriously considering adding another Cross Country just as a back-up/spare. Something to keep in a closet somewhere without fluids or battery and then take it out when its time is right!

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Was in the local Vic dealer yesterday. Had bikes marked down about 25%.

·
Senior member / bronze
1,661 Posts
They 50% off only applies to the Empulse at this point. Most of the dealers are pricing them anywhere from $1K to 2K off so I imagine the ones showing the huge prices are deciding to lose all of their margin and pricing with all possible rebates, military discounts, etc.

Kind of an interesting plan for a dealer to take a loss at this point when PII is only covering some of their markdown. I am seriously considering adding another Cross Country just as a back-up/spare. Something to keep in a closet somewhere without fluids or battery and then take it out when its time is right!
Was at dealer yesterday, he said about 17k out the door for XC.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,901 Posts
Wonder if I could get one still in it's crate and just rat hole it until later. Although I won't live long enough to wear the bike I have now out. But it would be cool to pass a classic down that is truly brand new.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,901 Posts
Was at dealer yesterday, he said about 17k out the door for XC.
$17k isn't much of a discount. I could have got one last year for that with the discounts they had just before Christmas.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
You will see deals on bikes with free accessories, since they need to get rid of the accessories too. The 10 year parts commitment is for parts, not accessories. I expect to see things like "with 1,500 in free accessories and clothing" they may then add in an extra $500 in clothes.

I'd maybe buy some shirts at a deep discount. The clothing isn't nearly as ugly as some of the bikes. Who knows, in a few years it might be cool to wear old victory shirts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts