Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the pack from Motea and rack from ruthless. I made 2 spacer blocks from pvc, cut them down to 9/16” on table saw and used them to take up the gap under the tour pack/rack. Sprayed with trim adhesive to hold them in place and set bolts in it to stay lined up for a few minutes until it set. Then I used the big metal plate inside of trunk View attachment 647666
I got the pack from Motea and rack from ruthless. I made 2 spacer blocks from pvc, cut them down to 9/16” on table saw and used them to take up the gap under the tour pack/rack. Sprayed with trim adhesive to hold them in place and set bolts in it to stay lined up for a few minutes until it set. Then I used the big metal plate inside of trunk View attachment 647666
Was your shipping as fast as Lutch experienced? How much was shipping costs? I’m buying the same as long as they ship to Canada, and shipping/duty costs aren’t exorbitant.

·
Silver member
5,998 Posts
Was your shipping as fast as Lutch experienced? How much was shipping costs? I’m buying the same as long as they ship to Canada, and shipping/duty costs aren’t exorbitant.
I checked out their site a couple of weekends ago and it didn't appear that they shipped to Canada. You may want to contact them to make sure. I was going to contact them during the week but forgot and started looking at the AdvanBlack tour packs. I still haven't made up my mind which way i'm going.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah man, it was 4 days. I did not get a ship notification until it got through us customs though. The 4-6 days is accurate. Shipping was about $120, but there was another 10% off the pack also on the site.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a liner for this pack. Even something thats in pieces and I can trim it to fit. If anyone has any recommendations on a kit. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here’s what I figured out through this. Get a QR luggage rack and mount any tour pack you want. Amazon, eBay, used , new, one made for a HD or whatever

·
Registered
6 Posts
Makes zero sense to me
You’d be surprised how many companies don’t ship to Canada. I guess with the added shipping expense, exchange on the dollar and the damn duites we Canadians have to pay the market isn’t as big as one might think? Neither of Vicbaggers or Ruthless designs will ship here either. Certainly limits my aftermarket options, and I just can’t justify the price of the OEM trunk so my wife can be more comfortable, I mean I love her and all, but it’s ridiculous what they want in Canadian dollars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah that sucks about the shipping. The Indian trunk is spendy in any dollars! Maybe try to find something on here for sale or similar sale sites? Im leaving mine the satin black, its only on there when wife is, actually goes with my Ti smoke with black good enough

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a liner for this pack. Even something thats in pieces and I can trim it to fit. If anyone has any recommendations on a kit. Thanks
Maybe look at AdvanBlack. They're kinda pricey, but nice. A buddy of mine has it in his chopped trunk.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
I never got comfortable with my VicBaggers tour pack paint being high gloss with my bike's matte finish. So I emailed VicBaggers and explained the issue. They promptly sent me a shipping label, and a couple weeks later... walla!!

Many thanks to Staci and Eric at VicBaggers for making this painless.

Just so everyone knows that didn't (like me)... apparently our Challengers come in two flavors of Titanium Metallic - high gloss and matte finish. Who knew?

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Vehicle Kitchen appliance Audio equipment Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,838 Posts
The first year base model Challenger was the high gloss Titanium Metallic. The second year Titanium Smoke became an upgrade over the plain gloss black base model

·
Registered
60 Posts
I never got comfortable with my VicBaggers tour pack paint being high gloss with my bike's matte finish. So I emailed VicBaggers and explained the issue. They promptly sent me a shipping label, and a couple weeks later... walla!!

Many thanks to Staci and Eric at VicBaggers for making this painless.

Just so everyone knows that didn't (like me)... apparently our Challengers come in two flavors of Titanium Metallic - high gloss and matte finish. Who knew?

View attachment 652066

View attachment 652067
Honestly the VIN gives that detail. So never understood why they shipped you gloss to start with. Glad they swapped it.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts